“Excellent holiday accomodation for family”

Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Beau Vallon
“Excellent holiday accomodation for family”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked for the Carnival weekend from Feb 8 - 11 with our two children 7 and 4. We stayed in a Deluxe Suite Ocean View and we had an excellent experience the whole time. Arriving about 6 hrs late due airline delays, the Indian restaurant was able to cater for our meals at a late hour, meeting strict Orthodox diet regime and allowing food for the kids to be brought in from the other restaurant. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. The view was awesome, our room was big, clean and functional, reception arranged fishing trip and hire car at good rates, we loved the beach and pool, breakfast (inclusive) was varied and good quality, all in all great value for money. Checked out at 1000 but flight was at 1600, they allowed use of facilities after checkout and then provided a room to shower and prepare for flight at no extra cost, this is invaluable with small kids. My only suggestion for improvements would be to provide 24 hr room service and have a dedicated concierge to assist reception with dealing with enquiries. However the overall experience was excellent and we would definitely go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms get a lot of sea surf noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gnarara N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice Hotel, friendly staff...decent rooms and close to some nice restaurants in a walk-able distance. Stayed for 2 nights, all went went except that the lift did not work the 2nd day and had difficulties getting baggage off down the stairs...otherwise nice place, will visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool or sea, else you will be on another planet...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank knraj
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Wonderful hotel location on a beautiful beach. The staff was terrific and very accommodating. They really made my stay enjoyable. Pool was clean and night entertainment was also pleasant at the bar. Breakfast buffet had a terrific selection. Hotel was within walking distance to casino, shopping and dive charter places.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Csikim6374
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I booked 9 days at the Coral Strand in Dec 2013 and already my first impression as we arrived at the hotel filled me with doubts. The reception was manned by one person only and is small and dingy. We were then shown to our "garden view room" by the hotel manager and when he proudly opened the curtains, the view was onto the hotel parking lot. We immediately asked for a new room which he said he would try and arrange for us the next day.
We were on half board and decided to go for dinner and were told in reception that the main dining room was booked out for the private function - the same happened the next evening - shocking.
After a lot of reminders we got another room, but as we lay down for a rest in the afternoon (at around 14h00) and were rudely awoken by very very loud music coming from the pool area that continued until late at night.
We went for dinner outside of the hotel and decided to move to another hotel rather than spoiling our holiday and we were even willing to forfeit the money already paid.
After lots of backwards and forwards on check-out the Guest Relationship Manager assisted us and offered us a refund. We were very grateful for this and suggested that they jack up their game a lot more in future.
One thing I must say though, the rooms are tiny, but have been refurbished and look good.

Not a good experience at all - we moved to the Berjaya Hotel on the same beach, it was so much better in all respects and cheaper as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Monikaboul
Bialystok, Poland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked trip to Seychelles in the agency, they shown me nice pictures and promised me a very good holiday in Coral Strand. Later at home I searched for other reviews and found out, that manager lied to me – so, it was my first thought. Last summer’s reviews made me nervous! Anyway I couldn’t change anything and I decided to receive everything I’ve deserved. ) Thanks God the real situations changed from the September’12. I suppose now they had grand opening. The pool is working, there are a lot of free lounges around it.
I had mountain and parking view, called “garden view”, peaceful and quiet choice. All room’s amenities are in conditions: TV, internet, bath with hot water, air conditioner. First few days wi-fi was very slow, but after that they made something and I could phone my friends with Skype, or even watch some videos from the web. Note: in rooms use ‘Onespeed’ wi-fi – no password needed.
Restaurant has aluminum tables and chairs – that’s not perfect, but the most important, that food was delicious! Especially cakes from the chef. Bar is ok, many different cocktails, nice ocean view.
The beach is amazing! Few days there was rainy weather, boring. But clouds are gone and became the absolutely perfect sunny weather! We have taken the ball from the towels-point close to the swimming pool, tried to play beach volley. But there was not much people searching for the beach activities, most of them are laying as a granny. :-)
Hotel’s guest relation is a very nice person. I forgot my bag in the taxi, she helped me to found it out next day! Thanks a lot once again!
They promote diving. I decided that I have not enough time for the certificate course, so I chosen snorkeling – trip was very fun!
The main idea is: you may read reviews, but trust only your own experience! Pleasure to visit Seychelles!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ambrozy W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed in this hotel late December 2012. Very accommodating and welcoming staff. My room had a fantastic view. Beach is within walking distance which is handy. Last but definitely not least, the food was amazing! I had a fabulous holiday. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer than 10 days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 12Cappy
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Location is great, right in the middle of Beau Vallon beach. Efficient and fast check in, though we were not offered any drinks on arrival... I had specifically requested for an accessible room as we were travelling with a baby, stroller, car seat etc... we were given a room on the second floor and at the other end of the hotel, would not be an issue had the elevator been working for our entire stay! When i asked the staff about the elevator, i was just given a 'not workin' but was not offered any help to carry my stroller up...
Food is good, like the couple of other places we tried on the beach (La plage & Baobab) though very expensive. They don't have any room service which we found very weird, since they are supposed to be a 4 stars...we asked to have ice delivered to our room and were requested to go and pick it up from the bar...? Internet was not working (reception and room) which was rather annoying! Room is ok, though the beds are very hard and the room is a tad small... If you are like me (a neat freak) then you will find it hard to settle in this room as there are no drawers, organizing space... Cleaning of the room was ok, though they did not even pick up dirty glasses, empty bottles of water etc... Late checkout to 9.00 pm (EK flight) possible for an extra 80 euros. Nice outside lounge / seating areas on the first floor though again lacking service. Overall stay pleasant but we did not feel we were in a 4 stars... If you can afford the extra, i would recommend the meridien fisherman cove, located on the same beach, 500 m away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Savoy Resort & Spa
Savoy Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Beau Vallon

Been to Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles? Share your experiences!