“The worst hotel i have ever stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Beau Vallon
Zakynthos, Greece
“The worst hotel i have ever stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Hello travellers. I am from Greece and i was at this hotel from 23-12-2012 until 28-12-2012. I have to say only one thing. PLEASE IF YOU LIKE YOUR MONEY PLEASE DONT BOOK THIS HOTEL. I read that comment at booking.com but i am idiot and i go there. When i get in my room i realise that the customer who wrote that comment was absolutely right. The owners are from Russian and they dont care how to make the travellers to have nice time but how to earn money. At the restaurnat the food was the same every day and of course many time yesterdays food. I will not say nothing else because i will be boring... DONT GO TO THAT HOTEL

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel, Save your money
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank PETROS Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg
Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was my first time on Seychelles, to be honor, my expectations were higher than what I’ve seen on arrival. But few days later I changed my mind, I realized that I’m in heaven! I had to have a little time to get out my stresses from the big city and to try to live in local rhythm.
Seriously, I could complain on every single thing, including rain or high temperature, or noisy neighbors, or relaxed service. The other side, everybody sends you “Hello” and smiles, and tries to make your holidays as comfortable as possible.
The rooms were clean, towels and bed sheet were changed every day. Very friendly staff, good room cleaning, complaints were handled immediately.
As it was said multiple times, beach is a fantastic gift to every Coral Strand’s guest. I swim not so well, but I enjoyed the ocean every day even with the strong waves. The baywatch is always on the post, I didn’t worried.
Mahek restaurant is the best on Seychelles with the super best quality food. If you’re tired with the restaurant food, you could visit one of the few local pizzerias. Nice experience with the expensive prices.
Not far from the hotel there is an open court basketball. Every evening there is somebody who plays streetball, even some local basketball team.
These 10 days I spent on Seychelles were simply delicious for me. I didn’t watched TV, I forgot about social networks, turned off the mobile phone! Test yourself, try to live life chilling, even for a while. Coral Strand in total gave me everything I searched for vacations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank GlennZander
Krasnogorsk, Russia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I and my boyfriend spent our holidays here on Seychelles. And now I’m sure that I’m in love with the Island. Only several hours left before we’re leaving to the airport, and salted water from the ocean mixed with the tears. I don’t want to leave this place!
We arrived on 3rd of January, after 17-hours trip. The weather was so hot outside airport! I want to admit that transfer is a bit expensive, cheaper to take taxi (especially if in your group more than two persons). So we got deluxe side-ocean view room on the first floor. Better to rename this location as pool-view, because I couldn't see the ocean from the ground. Anyway, we liked our location, because we could run to swim right from the room.
Room wasn't large, but there was enough space for us. The most important is a king size bed, very comfortable. Unusual that bed was fitted so high over the floor. TV is ok: several sports channels, some with movies and tv-series, there are two Russian channels (it’s important to stay in course of what happening in out native country). Once we had problem with air-conditioner, but it was solved during the day while we were absent.
On orthodox Christmas there was a special Russian menu in the restaurant. It surprised us a lot! We expected acute food in restaurants, but it was absolutely European kitchen, means no problems with stomach. But if you like spices, you can visit Mahek restaurant – Indian food guarantee. Pool bar and restaurant are the perfects places to enjoy dinner or just drink cocktails watching the sundown, for example.
The beach is awesome! Simply as a picture: white sand, palms and the ocean. First days there were a little bit stormy, but fun to play with waves. Be careful, a very dangerous sun, my boyfriend said that all safety creams are for girls only, and he had sunburn on the second day. :-)
Wi-fi wasn't good enough: some days was too slow, other – just slow. I guess this problem is ordinary for the Island.
Summary, we enjoyed our holidays! Hotel provided us with a good quality service. My boyfriend asked me to be his wife, and we both suppose that we will come back here for honeymoon next year!

Room Tip: The best view to the ocean from the top floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maria L
zambia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent a week here over New Year Eve and were spared the 'compulsory surcharge' for the New Year dinner which was pegged at an expensive Euro 110 each as we were on a bed and breakfast tariff. The main dining room is awful, like a school canteen, with bright orange and green steel chairs, very uncomfortable and whilst we were there we got bad weather with wind and rain so the windows were closed and the atmosphere stuffy. Once the windows are folded open you have a great view of the beach and ocean, with fresh air and if they could change the chairs and food and service this could be a fabulous place. The service was very, very slow made worse by a full hotel and it seemed many staff were off and they were understaffed, The rooms are not too bad, althought the air conditioning kept turning off, we stayed in a standard double which had views of the ocean and my kids were in the deluxe which was 2 rooms with an interleading door.
Good points:
*The hotel is in a prime position right on the beach and it is a beautiful beach with paragliding, jetskiing and wakeboarding next door, and scuba diving to the right.
*There are beach beds from the hotel on the beach and that is nice for comfort.
* Bedroom was clean and bed was ok.
* Staff are very friendly and relaxed.
*The Indian restaurant which is part of the hotel is good, when you eventually get served.
*The swimming pool is nice and it makes for a comfortable stay if you have young kids, alternating between the beach and pool.
*There are some nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, La Perle Noire was good.
Bad points;
*The main restaurant needs an overhaul, it could be so much better, but at the moment it lacks management.
*No drinks or food service from hotel on beach.
*If the weather is bad the water sports are closed and over New Year both the 1st and 2nd of January everything is closed as a public holiday.
*The staff could do with more training, again management.
*There is no taxi rank at the hotel and there were no cars available to hire, so we had to wait ages and ages for a taxi and there were very few 5 seater taxis available.
*Seychelles is very, very expensive for what you get and I would only stay here if you get a very good deal, which then makes the bad points easier to put up with!
*Overall restaurant prices seem very over inflated.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank ZambiaAnne
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We made the biggest mistake of our lives by booking this hotel.service is slow and despicable . Except for a few staff the rest are irritating and dumb.we were very a angry with this lady who walked right inside my room within 2 hrs of my checking in inspite of asking her to wait till i open the door a few times only to hand me a review sheet. What the hell. There is no such thing as room service. Even water is charges at exhorbitant rates of more than $15 per ltr and that too has to be taken from the bar near the pool and will not be served to ure room. The air condition either stops working or drips and guests are forced to check out at 10 am regardless of us not getting enough sleep inspite of the ac nt working for almost two hrs during mid night.Was wrongly charged more than $30 for drinks i never had.heck i dint even go to the bar and was asked to pay at 11 pm even though i was checking out the next day. Waited 4 hrs to be given a room. The hotel called a taxi for me but the bell boy didnt load the luggage cause he was busy chilling around so the cabbie hotel. What a pathetic experience.Please dont stay there and avoid mental trauma.

• Stayed December 2012
8 Thank lavinhirani84
Glyfada, Greece
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The best hotel on this particular beach (even though there is another 5 star hotel around). The beach in front of the hotel is great with waves most of the time to play. The hotel is average but not bad. Restaurant is not so great with iron chairs that remained you beach frond café. Food on the restaurant is plenty breakfast and dinner (costs €30/person)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank magistros
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Around mid December my family (myself, wife and 2 kids (6 and 11)) spent a week at the hotel.

Let me start on a positive (it goes downhill from there).
The location is magnificent. Beautiful views, swimming, beaches etc. The hotel cant take much credit for this apart from the people that put the hotel there in the 1st place.
But I cant fault the location.

Hotel
- Is very 70s (which was very boring architecture. Barely functional)
- It recently has had a revamp and if I room was finished it might have been passable. There were clearly unfinished tasks and missing furniture. Little things like the room safe was not bolted to the wall.
- Small positive - The suites were quite large

Sleep Quality
- Awful, awful. There was a function there the night we arrived. Loud music till 2am. Private function so we could not even have attended if we wanted to. Music from the poolside bar was loud and whilst it did not go on for too long each time it was still a pain

- Poor. Staff not properly trained and seem unsupervised. I dont blame the staff here as they seemed to try but they were clearly missing a level of management

Restaurants
- Mahek. Indian restaurant in the hotel was good. The rest were poor to average and quite expensive
- Restaurants closer to hotel were better but still quite expensive. Scandanavian type prices.

Room Tip: Sea facing more beautiful but if you go to bed before 11 rather choose one far from reception and th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Sunset Beach Hotel
Sunset Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Glacis

Been to Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles? Share your experiences!