Around mid December my family (myself, wife and 2 kids (6 and 11)) spent a week at the hotel.
Let me start on a positive (it goes downhill from there).
The location is magnificent. Beautiful views, swimming, beaches etc. The hotel cant take much credit for this apart from the people that put the hotel there in the 1st place.
But I cant fault the location.
- Is very 70s (which was very boring architecture. Barely functional)
- It recently has had a revamp and if I room was finished it might have been passable. There were clearly unfinished tasks and missing furniture. Little things like the room safe was not bolted to the wall.
- Small positive - The suites were quite large
- Awful, awful. There was a function there the night we arrived. Loud music till 2am. Private function so we could not even have attended if we wanted to. Music from the poolside bar was loud and whilst it did not go on for too long each time it was still a pain
- Poor. Staff not properly trained and seem unsupervised. I dont blame the staff here as they seemed to try but they were clearly missing a level of management
- Mahek. Indian restaurant in the hotel was good. The rest were poor to average and quite expensive
- Restaurants closer to hotel were better but still quite expensive. Scandanavian type prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel stands out with a completely new hotel concept for the Seychelles: Premium comfort at an affordable price. The island's best value-for-money is located at the absolutely best area directly on the most attractive strip of beach in the famous Beau Vallon Bay on the largest of Seychelles' islands, Mahé. Hardly any other hotel has such a beach and ocean view. The 4 star plus hotel has 161 modern and attractively equipped rooms. There are 140 standard rooms, 4 junior suites, 21 deluxe rooms. The original Coral Strand opened in 1972 as one of the first hotels on the Seychelles. The name Coral Strand has always attracted guests with its breath-taking ocean views and fantastic location directly on the white sand beach. The last 40 years have seen a steady stream of return guests. The hotel bar with its live music has established itself as a legendary meeting point for tourists and locals. The original hotel was completely reconstructed and renovated with new design, equipment and contemporary comfort. The service offer was also completely reorganized. With the new name Coral Strand Smart Choice, the hotel now wants to offer the best value-for-money hotel in the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Coral Strand
- Coral Strand Beau Vallon
- Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles Mahe Island - Beau Vallon