“Okay, but expected more”

Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Beau Vallon
Cape Town
“Okay, but expected more”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed in this hotel while on business in July 2014.

My first impression was not a good one. Taking the rating of the hotel into account, maybe I am fussy, but after travelling to Seychelles for about 24 hours, I was disappointed with the room.

The floor of the room had not been cleaned in a while- this was evidenced by the fact that my slip-slops turned black underneath when walking in the room.

I also found that someone had shaved in the shower but that this had not been cleaned properly- not very hygienic.

The toilet also had not been cleaned properly and had evidence of the previous tenants use.

In addition, the bedding was not clean- I believe that someone may have sneezed on the white linen but just left it, or the linen had not been changed. (Only so many things look like what was presented to me.)

The staff are friendly however, and checking in was easy enough.

For supper I attended the buffet and this was quite pleasant, with a wide variety of food on offer. Desert was a bit lacking though, but it did not appear that the hotel was very busy at the time of my stay, which may account for this.

The few is quite scenic and the beach is very close by, so a nice place to stay at.

Might consider staying there again, and give them another chance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Anon3690

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We went to the Seychelles for the beaches and diving, so chose this budget hotel as we were not so concerned about the accommodation. Rooms are simple, no balcony or terrace but are ensuite. The beach is clean although you may get hassled to buy postcards or have your hair braided. The diving is some of the best I've experienced, do the long distance day trip and you are likely to see schools of mantas and large sharks. There's some ok restaurants on site, all you really need but don't expect luxury.

Room Tip: See if you can get a bungalow nearer the beach
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna B
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had the opportunity to travel to the beautiful island of Seychelles and with a minimum budget I managed to stay in Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort a 03 star property. The hotel is said to be one of the oldest existing property in Seychelles. But looking at the well kept environment the property does not portray its age. Its definitely a value for money. The beach of the hotel is simply superb. The management has also been very customer orientated whereby on every Friday's (i guess) a GM cocktail is held at the lounge and guest may share their staying experience with the General Manager himself. Food outlets is plenty in the property. This gave me a doubt of the 03 star property... They had a Indian Outlet with the best Naan Bread and Chicken Tikka, Italian Restaurant which is by the beach and my favorite, a Chinese restaurant which serves the best Sour Plum Pork Rib, a Tepayaki which faces the pool and a lively chef which entertains you while cooking and the breakfast outlet called Parrot. Besides this they also a beautiful Lounge which was showcasing the World Cup matches and the days with out matches they have got a superb in house band by Mr Ron. Im for sure going back to this place for a vacation.

Room Tip: Superior Room with Jacuzzi Chinese Outlet Plum Sauce Pork Rib Indian Outlet Naan Bread Tepayaki S...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Maanoj N
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I stayed at this property for about 5 days and i must say it has been all the money's worth. the hotel is located at one of the best places and has all the amenities one can ask for.

The hotel staff is extremely courteous and helpful. right from the check in to check out my experience was perfect.

had the option of Indian food as well which was of great help being a vegetarian.

Mr. Gulab Rai, the General Manager is an excellent person to connect with and his staff is just awesome

Would recommend anyone looking at a great poperty at the right value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank yatish19
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one week during Christmas of 2013. The flight from Nairobi to mahe Island is shy of 3hrs and is a comfortable flight. Seychelles is as real as the postcard pictures, a beautiful resort and not overly touristy. Booking and paying for the hotel was easy and done online via the travel agent.

the room we stayed in was spacious and the décor, for a hot tropical island was crisp. there was some repair works going on in one of the wings but there was little or no disturbance at all. the beaches are super clean and the customer service across all the different places was great if not exceptional. the cost of food is a tad bit on the higher side but nothing to make us starve. There was a limited choice of restaurants but less is more for me since eating is not one of my vices.

There are tour companies conveniently located on site to organise for catamaran trips to the islands. I chose to go for the trip to Pralin Island which was quite nice save fr the return ferry trip on a very rainy afternoon and the sea was VERY choppy. it was however a day really well spent

Overall very happy with the hotel, would definitely go back or recommend it

Myotomes

Room Tip: I always go for the first floor. sadly there are few rooms facing the sea but this should not be a d...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Myotomes
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I went on holidays to Seychelles. We stayed at Berjaya Beau Vallon Resort. We enjoyed our stay as Hotel Services were really good. Staff was always ready to serve us at their best. Being Vegetarian, I thought I will struggle to find good food, but Berjaya has an Indian Restaurant which served us the best vegetarian dishes, I have tasted best Paneer at Berjaya. Indian chef is just outstanding with his cooking, I loved his food. Chinese Restaurant was very good too and Chef made special efforts to make vegetarian food for us. I felt overwhelmed by the great service.

I enjoyed eating local fruit Jambu which was in the Hotel Garden, every morning I picked them up and ate best organic fruit.

The room was very clean and well equipped, amenities were very good, Jacuzzi was relaxing. Very good beach location at very reasonable price compare to other hotels on Beau Vallon Beach.

All the staff at the Berjaya Beau Vallon was very welcoming and friendly, they advised us about the Island and answered all our questions. As Berjaya Hotel Group has another Berjaya hotel at praslin, we were given free of charge transfer for a night to stay at Praslin Hotel, which best fitted with our plans as we wanted to go the Praslin and La Digue.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Alpa G
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stay for 2 weeks. Very nice staff.
Breakfast is okay.
Room service food is terrible.
Pizzerias restaurant is terrible. Quality vs price not good at all.
Teriyaki restaurant very good. The chef has good recommendation and inform you if the meat is good quality.
Buffet average.
Evening is very quiet.
For long stay, I would recommend coral strand.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Sunset Beach Hotel
Sunset Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Glacis

Been to Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles? Share your experiences!