The hotel on arrival seemed perfect.
Short drive from the airport, lovely entrance, staff very helpful, we arrived just after 8am, and our room was ready by 10:15.
We had a chalet room, 321, with excellent views of the mountains from our balcony.
The room itself was good, clean and well maintained.
There was a new hotel being built behind us, but the noise was not intrusive.
The restaurants were all ok, but did not seem very busy, and we quickly found out why.
The prices were horrifically high. What you see advertised is not what you pay. Every price you saw needed another compulsory 25% added.(15% tax and 10% service charge)
Why they are not included is anybodys guess. Beer, for example, was 3 times the price compared to local shops.
So we ate out, all other establishments had it all included and made sure you knew.
We never used the pool, we tried it once, but it was so warm as to be pointless, the sea was just a few paces away. None the less the pool was clean, and well maintained.
Sun loungers and beach towels were there for all residents.
Evening entertainment was ok, I guess, but more fun was to be had down the beach at various establishments, and cheaper too !
I have to mention the seating in the entire hotel, most uncomfortable. The seats around the bars, and in the eaterys were way to hard. Not a cushion in sight. After a long day being out and about, you want to sit comfortably, it was not an option here.
The grounds were very well maintained, and the plant life impressive. It wasn't till our third day there that we made a horrific discovery, courtesy of our taxi driver. Hidden away behind the taxi rank was a 10metre square compond with 8 giant tortoises. I know nothing about tortoise husbandry, but I reckon veal calfs might recieve better treatment. Stagnant pools of water, flys, ants, excrement and rotton vegtable matter. In my opinion, they should be given the run of the entire grounds, and if they are too destructive, then return them to the wild. I also found a further 4 tortoises in a small dry compound just behind this one, who is responsible them I don't know, but the same applies, do it right or don't do it at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush greeneries and crystal clear waters, wellness and serenity await at this resort. Situated on the northwest coast of Mahe Island, the largest island in Seychelles, discover the fulfillment of a vacation filled with excitement and enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles Hotel Victoria
- Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort And Casino - Seychelles
- Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles Mahe Island