Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Beau Vallon
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The rooms of the hotel are renovated, but you can't sleep well because you hear every noise from the corridor. The other minus of the rooms is that there is no balcony.
The other bad thing is the food: there are three restorants in the hotel where you can have lunch or dinner, but the food and the service in the restorants are awful.
Also you must pay to use the Internet and it is very expensive - 8$ per hour.
The beach towels are with dirty spots on them and they are burned by cigarettes!

The only positive and good thing of the hotel is the beautiful beach!

5  Thank Valeria M
GM-Ken, General Manager at Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Valeria M, we have taken note of your feedback and shall work towards improving our services. Many thanks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,970)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Seychelles themselves are beautiful, and Beau Vallon while not the most natural or tranquil of areas within the islands is still stunning and has an awesome sunset every evening. The hotel is a little dated. The room while comfortable, well maintained and well housekept did not have a balcony and felt a little cramped.
The hotel staff did nothing wrong, but nobody was exceptionally friendly. The breakfast included with the room booking was good, but we didn't take advantage of any of the other meals or even take more than the occasional bar drink due to extortionate pricing compared to what else is available locally.
The main reason for staying here for us was the Underwater Centre/Dive Seychelles being onsite. They are a professional bunch whom I've dived with a couple of times and the hotel should speed up the completion of their burnt out centre as the temporary place in the garden doesn't do their professionalism any justice.
So in summary, we had no complaints but have also sampled better accross the islands for cheaper. If you want to stay in Beau Vallon or want to dive with the guys there, book away and you'll be happy enough. If neither of the above apply, currently I would advise to look at other options as there is better available for less.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear EmperorOceans, our hotel was build in 70s. However, all the standard rooms have been refurbished. Glad you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Dive Center new building has been put in operations. Hope to see you back for more dives !!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Berjaya was the first hotel we stayed in on our honeymoon to the Seychelles.

We were satisfied with our 3 night/4 day stay.

The goods:

The food was exceptionally good. The variety was impressive. We chose the buffet each night because of this reason, not sampling the Chinese restaurant and Pizza place.
The location of the hotel is fantastic -on the beach with nearby pool and relaxation area.
The rentals of things such as kayaks etc. are nearby on the beach too.
The hotel runs a complimentary shuttle bus to Victoria and back.
The rooms were clean and neat and were serviced in a timely fashion daily, no problems.

The so-so's:

The rooms were pleasant*. Old design but clearly recently revamped. The bathrooms were relatively modernized too.
Some construction was still going on but only in the days when guests were (or should be) out and about. So the possibility of noise disturbance was at a minimum.
The staff overall were inconsistent in the degree of service delivery. We never experienced bad service but it ranged from excellent to average.

*Keep in mind that this is a 3 Star hotel. It's impractical to rate it against 4 and 5 stars as a benchmark as I see many other reviewers have done.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms were pleasant. Good quality AC.
1  Thank KtotheX

Dear Ktothx, we are glad you had an enjoyable honeymoon with us. We thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for onw week from April 20th to 27th. The front desk service was more than adequate. I would have to remark that the staff is cordial and polite but, as seemed the case elsewhere in Mahe, was not ovely interested in engaging in any other than pleasantries. This is not a very bad thing and probably just a reflection of the laid back nature of island living. They were fine to us.

The room we had was a superior room and it had a water pump that was continuously cycling on and off every 4 seconds through the night. I know this because I timed it in my sleep as it eventually became part of my mental state! Not good. The next day I brought this to the attention of the staff and they apparently sent someone to look at it but alas no change. Midway through the second night I had to get that noise out of my head and when I trundled up to reception during the middle of the night they had no problem with moving us to another room. I appreciated that but I did feel as though I was the problem. They appeared to think that this kind of noise is normal. The second room was very quiet and I slept well.

Towels are another strange thing. Each day at random times our towels and face cloths would be taken and then returned to us cleaned at some other random time in the evening. It really seemed as though they were actually washing out and replacing the same ones they took. Surely this was not the case but we did spend several hours(up to 5 or 6) each day without towels or face cloths.

Some general notes:
Superior Room are dated but clean with large bathrooms and separate showers and large tubs
Beach is fantastic - beautiful sand and amazing backdrop of mountains on the shore
Food at the hotel is way overpriced. We had breakfast included (good choice) but would recommend that you eat all other meals elsewhere. Dinner buffet is very poor for the money.
Alcohol is similarly expensive. Very few patrons taking advantage of the bar.
Musical entertainment - Sounds like elevator music. Sorry but not good
Casino - We did not go. The did give us a free (sort of) 10 us dollar voucher but that was only usable if you paid another 10$ for a second voucher . i.e. 10$ gives you 20$ wrth of play. I thought that was kind of tight of them

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wnats to take advantage of the beautiful beach. Food is too expensive everywhere in mahe but moreso at this hotel. Rooms are ok. Dated style.

Room Tip: Listen for the water pump as soon as you go in. If noisy, ask for another room. Avoid room 16.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CanadianNewf, the staff would love to thank you for your appreciation of their kind service. As for the old water pump behind your room, we have sourced for a replacement and this issue shall be rectified. We thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Umm the reviews say it all. I recommend booking the Hilton if u must stay this side, or Eden park or the 4 seasons... The rooms are ok, the food is horrible , spring roll with cheese and crab stick yuck, breakfast only good item was omlettes. Pizzas are terrible u may as well burn that money instead of eat. If u stay local n are not adventurous to to "boat house " restaurant for a feed.

Pool was hotter than the ocean..

Recommend hiring a car and eating elsewhere and seeing other beaches. Use hertz as they bring the car to you. Cheaper than taxis eg. Can drop to ferry terminal or airport. Hertz team headed up by JP are great.

U can get sey brew n snacks from the corner stores up the road and save heaps.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Icook123
GM-Ken, General Manager at Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear lcook123, We are a 3 Star Plus Resort. We are not comparable to 5 Star Resort such as Hilton and Four Seasons as your suggestion. We shall take your comments on F&B into consideration and we thank you for your stay with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a standard room for 2 nights. Although I was told all rooms are remodeled, I felt that our room was gloomy and old. It was okay for the money. It is right on a beautiful beach a very nice pool. Food and drinks were good and the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank kafsdonovan
GM-Ken, General Manager at Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Kafsdonovan, Our standard rooms has just been fully renovated. They are brand new. Thank you on your compliment on our Food and drinks and we are glad to hear the staff went out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. We are happy to serve you.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

First of all, I would like to say I traveled there in October, 2011, so this a bit of a late review, but never the less all stands.
Since me and my wife are outdoors types we needed clean hotel to sleep, clean up, and have a nice breakfast and dinner. Hotel completely met our needs;
Breakfast and dinner were excellent - on one hand I could eat anything , but my wife which is particularly picky regarding food was really satisfied with it.
Great room (we had superior, I believe) was comfy, big, clean with huge bathroom with both a tub and a shower. However (this is only bad thing I can think of) rooms didn't have windows so we had to sleep with air conditioning on. This is not necessarily a bad thing but I love sleeping with open windows no matter the wildlife or the heat. But on the end of the day we were so tired that we just passed out.
Best thing is honesty. My Iphone fell out of my pocket in the reception room. When I realized it was missing was searching through my stuff, when cleaning lady/receptionist came and returned it to me. That is grand gesture in my book.
Wedding was excellent, and I feel we are still carrying a piece of great atmosphere of that place with us.
Regardless of the hotel, use most of your time in Seychelles climb mountains swim, dive, enjoy in truly unique flora and fauna and easy life style.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear HrvojeB, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed you and your wife enjoyed the our buffet breakfast and theme buffet dinners. Thank you for enjoying your stay at our Superior Rooms which is facing a beautifully trimmed garden.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beau Vallon
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Sunset Beach Hotel
Sunset Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Glacis

Been to Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles? Share your experiences!