“stay away from big blue divers”
Review of Big Blue Divers

Big Blue Divers
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“stay away from big blue divers”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Terrible experience with these guys. Dive master abandoned our group on the ocean floor, waited 20 mins at 15m and he didn't return. Upon getting back to the boat, no explanation or apology. Very disorganised, didn't even know how many divers he was taking out. Met some first-time divers who had a similar experience with another of their dive masters. have dived at many places around the world, Big blue divers was the worst I have experienced by far, advise people to stay away from them as they are not fit to operate a dive shop.

Visited December 2013

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The best on Mahe!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had a wonderful week of diving with Liz and her staff at BBB on Mahe! We had nothing but the most wonderful of experiences with them and would highly recommend using them for your dive vacation in the Seychelles! A fantastic value for the price, and service is amazing. Our thanks to Liz, Chris, Sean, Patrick, Danielle, and Sage for 6 great days of diving!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Fuzzy27
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great fun, accommodating staff!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were in the Seychelles for a wedding and as such couldn't get as much diving done as we wanted to. However, the diving that we did do with BBD was great.

The team were great, friendly and helpful and tried to help us out with hotel pickups etc. All our gear was loaded and prepared for us. All we had to do was turn up, get on a boat, kit up and dive.

I would recommend BBD to anyone visiting seychelles with the intention of diving. They are a little further up the road from other dive shops, but from what I saw this makes for nice, small dive groups. Next time I am back in the Seychelles, I will be going straight to Big Blue Divers!

Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Inexperienced staff, subpar dive”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were so disappointed with our dives here at Big Blue Divers, both off the boat and on the boat. We booked a morning, two tank dive ahead of time with Elizabeth, who was courteous and prompt in our correspondence. Because we were from the States, she made us wire her the payment for the dive which cost us an extra $30. However, when we get there, her staff scheduled us with another couple who had already booked a dive to the Marine Park that cost an extra15 euro per person. I don't mind supporting the preservation of any natural park, what I do mind is that the shop offered no other option other than having us pay extra money even though it was their error. In addition to the error, we waited 45 minutes beyond our scheduled leave time because the dive master, Guily (sp?)who I realized is the owner and Elizabeth's husband, was over 45 minutes late to our dive. With no apologies for his tardiness, we left for the boat. We get to the Marine Park to have him tell us nothing about what we are going to see and sends in this very sweet, but inexperienced diver to lead us thorough the park. The dive was fine, but what really angered me was as we surfaced, Guily was smoking and as he came to help us into the boat, he threw his cigarette into the water!! It's a protected space! One that cost me an extra 15 euro to get into and he's going to litter in such a blatant and disgusting way. I was so appalled. It was incredibly unprofessional and a slap in the face to the beautiful sealife of the Seychelles. After that, I just wanted to go home. I wish I had read more reviews before booking with Big Blue. I feel like I wasted a lot of money though it does seem that if you are lucky to get Elizabeth, your experience is much different.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Laura M
Manama, Bahrain
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Best decision ever”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I did my PADI open waters dives with Big Blue Waters. They are a very organized and extremely professional set up with a surprisingly friendly attitude. But make no mistake. They are very thorough in their approach. For the sake of a more accurate review, I tried to skip just one simple “skill” and the message from the instructor was loud and clear. “ I cant sign you off man...you can go elsewhere…”. The whole team.. from Elizabeth the CEO to Sage the driver are extremely friendly but no nonsence kind of a unit. The open water dives were so well planned that I did not have any fear to get into water in rather rough seas on my 4th dive.
My instructor JP is any budding diver’s dream. Goes through the plan and the checklist thoroughly and was there for me all the time. He is 95% of the confidence required to enjoy amazing scenes underwater. I must say I am not as fit as I should be for a diver. But JP knew exactly how much to push. I was really tired after the dives but was never too exhausted.
Been the reviewer I am, I also observe the competitors. One thing I couldn’t ignore was the approach of the boat crew and BBD. They actively participate in divers launch and to recovery. For a novice diver with a 10klio lead weight in the vest, this is as critical as the dive itself. I also noticed some other teams.. the boatman was having a nap while the divers and the diver masters struggled to get the divers out of water.
While I did my diving, my little girl was snorkeling with Elizabeth. That’s her highlight of the vacation.
All in all I had a very satisfying experience and have no problem in giving them a 5 star rating.
One thing to note. There are lot of dive centres around with confusingly similar names. The BBD is probably the last one when you drive along the beach.

Visited September 2012