All reviews small village desert region apartment hill senigallia
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2018

We have been travelling to Senigallia in Ancona for a good few years now and decided to try a different hotel this time around, away from the main seafront, along the Lungomare, and venture up into the hills. After checking reviews of various hotels we had shortlisted, we decided to give Bel Sit a try, particularly in view of the excellent reviews.

Disappointed we were not - in fact the hotel surpassed our expectations. The drive from the main seafront was little under 10 minutes and we were met with fantastic first impressions of this hotel nestled in a small village, named Scapezzano.

The Austrian receptionist provided a warm and friendly welcome and went out of her way to give us all the information we needed to navigate our way around the hotel and the mealtimes. When you are greeted with someone who is so helpful, it really does leave a long lasting impression and makes all the difference. As it was almost dinner time, we quickly checked in to our apartment (the only accommodation available), which was in excellent, clean condition, and we learned later, was 10 years old. They must have invested in good quality, solid furniture, as it has stood the test of time well, and there no signs of wear and tear. The apartment is in a separate block, with a spacious lounge/kitchen area, with a dining table and chairs, and two sofabeds. These we didn't use, as our children didn't accompany us this time around, so we can't state whether they are comfortable to sleep on or not. The double bed, in the separate bedroom area, is very comfortable and afforded us a good two night's sleep. There is plenty of generous wardrobe space, so no need to worry about there not being enough room, if you book the apartment, which would suit a family.

Meals - these were a gastronomic delight and work in the usual hotel format, whereby you choose your start, main and desert from the menu for the next day's meal. I had to request a vegetarian meal, as this was not listed as an option on the main - no problem at all. It was delicious and I felt they had accommodated me well. We liked the fact that breakfast was taken in a different room, lunch was served outside, by the pool and dinner was in the main, large hall of the former convent. How lovely to have a change of setting for each meal. The waiter/waitress service was excellent and the side dishes / hors d'oeuvres were fantastic, so as a vegetarian I was well catered for. My partner is a meat eater and was full of compliments for his meals too.

Pool and gardens - The pool is a joy to swim in and there was no sun lounger hogging and plenty of loungers to go round - again a breath of fresh air. I'd imagine at the height of summer there would be more families, but I still don't think that space around the pool would be challenging. The pool was lovely and clean and lovely to swim in, as the temperature, although a sunny/cloudy climate at the time, was perfect. There is plenty of space around the terraces and garden, but the views are really what takes your breath away. It is a view to behold and such a stunning backdrop to have your evening drink or read your favourite book to.

We normally hire a car, but decided against the extra expense this time around and were slightly apprehensive about feeling a bit 'cut off' from the town of Senigallia and seafront - well, we need not have worried, as there is an excellent shuttle service that we made full use of, that runs a few times in the morning and returns in time for lunch, that goes to the beach or the centre of town. This service is so convenient - you can easily stay here without the use of a car. The driver - the 'boss', as the receptionist called him, was very friendly too. We also dealt with another lady on reception, who, again, like the other lady, was excellent in her customer service.

The hotel guests at the time were mainly Germans and Austrians - a very friendly bunch, and we got talking to a young woman who had been coming to the hotel for 21 years, since she was a child - this speaks volumes in itself. Such a lovely hotel - why wouldn't you want to return for so many years?

After my partner and I had had an extremely busy and stressful last couple of months, this beautiful setting was just the tonic that we needed to unwind. In fact, we regretted not booking for another night, but have promised each other we would return here next year - for sure. After going on to the next hotel, which was in a convenient spot, right on the seafront, we reminisced about the Bel Sit and how there really was no comparison at all. Bel Sit has set the standard for all future hotels that we stay in, when visiting Senigallia, so I think we'll be sticking to this one in the future..! Thank you for such a lovely and memorable, if not too short, a stay.

Room tip: The apartment is an excellent choice for a family of four
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed September 6, 2017

My wife and our three months old son actually wanted to travel to Ancona to meet her parents who could not make it on time due to an incident with their car. Therefore I booked a hotel for them not to far from the airport.

From the first contact until the check-out the team was amazing. They quickly arranged a very friendly driver that actually drove conservatively to pick them up at the airport. They gave my wife a nice room and support with whatever they could during her two day stay and given the circumstances even offered a late checkout.

My wifre spent two days in the hotel and in the surroundings and simply loved the hotel park and pool, restaruant and surroundings.

We will defintively come back. Thanks a lot for this great experience!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Philipp B
Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

"Bel Sit" is apparently a northern Italian expression for a pretty location and the name proved fitting for this lovely, relaxing hotel in the small village of Scapezzano, looking down from a hill on to the Adriatic coast and Senigallia, 5 km away.

Check-in was quick and efficient and I was given a comfortable apartment in the newer wing adjacent to the main structure.

On check-in I was also offered a very reasonably priced dinner option for that night, and dinner (various salad/greens, two choices for first course, two choices for second course accompanied by vegetables, plus desert) looked inviting enough for me to accept. I had planned on trying various restaurants in Senigallia, but as it was early in the season and not all restaurants in Senigallia were open yet, due to the quality of the dinner that evening, the breadth and price of the Bel Sit regional wine selection, and convenience of the location, I ended up eating there every night while I was in Senigallia.

As requested, the apartment looked out over Senigallia and Adriatic. I found the staff extremely helpful and accommodating and spend an extremely relaxing, enjoyable week there that I intend to repeat before long

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2015

This hotel is outside the city area of Sengallia in a quiet rural village but for our purpose as a way point travelling from Sorrento to Venice was very convenient although we were only there one night. Our room was quite large and had a kitchenette and a very large bathroom which was fitted out to be wheelchair friendly. Although this is not a feature we needed,it was good to see that they have given consideration to people who have to face challenges of that nature. The garden even though it was winter was very pretty and the room had a beautiful veview of the town and coastline. I noticed that they have a well maintained children's playground which would be fantastic for families. The only difficulty we had was when we arrived there was no one in reception to book us in. Eventually a gentleman whose English was only slightly better than our Italian arrived but obviously it was not his usual job so for a little while we were concerned that our booking was in jeaporady but eventually it was all sorted.another problem we had that night was finding something to eat as the town was very small eventually we found a little tabbachi convenience store where we could by pizza and cold drinks.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denjudfi
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The hotel was charming. It was PERFECT for our family, including our 5 & 7 year old sons. The hotel is a 17th century convent that has been converted into a comfortable hotel high on a hill overlooking the water. It is outside of the city, which meant easy parking and no crowds or noise. The hotel has a shuttle bus that runs several times a day to a private sandy beach area. We had been unsure about booking the hotel as there weren't many reviews in English, but those concerns were unfounded. The hotel didn't have any English language TV stations, but communication never was a problem as the reception team all spoke English. Paola was especially helpful. My kids loved the beach and the swimming pool (which has a good sized shallow area as well as a diving board and a life guard on duty). The hotel also has a foosball table on a large terrace overlooking the water and a small playground area. There also were other families there with their children and the kids played together. One of my sons has coeliac disease which means that he cannot eat gluten. The hotel made sure he had gluten free meals that were tasty and even offered to pack picnic boxes for us. I was pleasantly surprised by the food quality - the pastas were especially good. While the hotel is not luxurious (you need to pay an extra 8 Euro a night for AC), it felt much nicer than three stars. We would love to return again next year!

Room tip: We were in a family room (king size bed plus 2 singles) - room 23. We were on the top floor and had a beautiful view over the water. You needed to close the windows at night or you would hear people on the patio down below.
Date of stay: August 2014