“Best scenery in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pico Do Fogo

Pico Do Fogo
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best scenery in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I loved the hike, but you must prepare your best boot and a few bottle of water. It is an uphill walk for about 2h30 hours. The view is out of this world, you will enjoy pace along the trail. Take make pictures.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Roberto A

Weymouth,Dorset
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A must do for any vistor to Cape Verde”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went on the TUI organised trip ftom Boa Vista,
Flew out and the pilot flew over some of the other islands then came in over Foco and gave us a bit of commentry.
We were met by guide and we drove into town were we had a bit of a sightseeing tour and then stopped for some coffee and breads
The bread was some of the best I have every tasted, anywhere.
We then re boarded bus and set off to the volcano, what a breath taking drive with some really wonderfull views.
\the driver stopped in lots of locations to allow everyone to take pictures & have a wee strech of the legs.
Amazing is all I can say when you reach into the crater itself, you really have to see it for yourself.
We had a lovely lunch, you will meet some lovely children, they will be selling some small trinkets that have been made from the lava well worth a few euros,
then some wine tasting,
Well worth taking a couple of bottles home.
Then back to the airport.
I have kept my review pretty brief as I really cannot emphsise what an excellent trip this is, you must do it.
Please take a couple of bags of sweets for the children, they will love you for it.
WORTH EVERY EURO and more just for the smiles from the children

Visited July 2012
7 Thank CalMac35
Wijchen, The Netherlands
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“On the floor of the vulcano.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We took a daytrip from Boa Vista to Fogo and is was worth the cost. But it was not cheap. The smallish aircraft flew low so we could see the various islands en route and it waited all day for us to return. Driving up de side of this huge volcano is in itself an experience. The island is littered with tiny (dormant) volcanic 'humps'. See how the plants grow well on ashes. Look for the donkeys with their load. Walk on a mainly pitch back surface with high rising walls of the side of the vulcano all around you. Awesome, quite awesome. And that they live there and how they live. Eerie if you ask me. The guide was not bad at all but seemed a bit disinterested. Not a miracle really if you pick up an aircraft full of (19) people each day, walk them through the city for a short while, then drive them up the mountain and tell them the same details as you related yesterday. Do not buy your handmade souvenirs at the first stops, The kids higher up the mountain are also craving to take some cash from you. Just a few euro's for a carved piece of the volcano, quite unique really. Oh, and if you have sweets or (wrapped) chocolate to spare, they'll love you forever, you might even get your own monument.
For every school on these lovely islands I recommend that you bring exercise books for the pupils to write in and/or crayons. They seem to be in short supply all the time.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Janvz
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A long and excellent climb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Leave early, around 6am. Take your time and climb this volcano to the top and be ready to be stunned by this particular beauty! And have fun coming down - and be prepared to be mighty dirty at the end of it but having had a great time!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Metravellingagain
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fogo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I would recommend a visit to the beautiful Island of Fogo for anyone who visits Cape Verde!
You can visit the crater in just one day, and have lunch right inside :D
If possible I would say stay here for 2 days so the rest of the Island can be seen, something we didn't get to do as we went on the morning and came back on the evening... and although I couldn't say weather or not the rest of the Island is any good, I can say that it was definitely something you will probably never do again!!
Oh and pick up some of the red wine and "Fire Water", it's fab, and can't be bought outside of Cape Verde currently.... though if someone knows where I can get some from then let me know :D :D

Visited October 2012