Migrante was a real highlight of our trip. Situated bang in the middle of Sal Rei, it's within a walking distance from fabulous beaches, nice restaurants and ATMs.
The hotel is tiny, with a bar doubling up as a reception and restaurant, a courtyard for socialising and four guest rooms. The hotel is beautifully designed with vintage rustic decor. Our room had a large bed, a big cupboard with a safe and a good bathroom. The courtyard has sofas and terrace tables, making it a nice hangout in the evenings. It's worth being aware that as the hotel is an old colonial building in the middle of the town you will be hearing dogs and deejays occasionally in the night time to your room. Free unlimited wifi is available throughout the hotel for multiple devices.
The breakfast was very good, cleverly having only small amounts of items on display to keep them fresh - they would be constantly restocked. The hotel also arranges dinners occasionally, and our cachupa was fantastic, certainly worth eating in.
The real highlight is the owner/manager of the hotel, Cristiano. Very responsive to emails, he helped us arrange all our trips and dinners, booking everything for us and recommending things to do. He even helped us source a birthday gift for a fellow traveller's 40th birthday as the traveller in question was particularly fond of Italian wines, and dropped us to the airport when we left.
We have never felt more welcome than in Migrante - one of our favourite stays in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Some rooms, each with its own distinctive personality for exigent and demanding travellers with a preference for a smaller environment and warmer ambience. Let us whisk you away from the rhythms of tourist villages and the crowds of big hotels. Come celebrate our culture. We offer the opportunity to encounter and experience new people and friends.Completely restored from a colonial-style house and situated in the old part of Sal Rei, a small town on Boa Vista island, this very good quality guest house uses natural energy and local products in an earnings redistribution context.Upon returning from your adventures, you’ll encounter a tiny bar and a amazing patio. This cosy environment allows you to relive that exotic atmosphere bound to the traveller’s hospitality. Ultimately, you’ll flow with the rhythms of live from the music and smiles of the Capverdians. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Migrante Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Migrante Guesthouse Hotel Boa Vista
- Migrante Guesthouse Cape Verde/Sal Rei, Boa Vista