Hotel Estoril
Aparthotel Por do Sol(Sal Rei)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Pool
B&B Salinas Boa Vista(Sal Rei)(Great Value!)
$49
$41
$42
$117
  • Restaurant
Pensao Santa Isabel(Sal Rei)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Beachfront
$147
$147
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Hotel is the most worst i ever been to: simply do not go there - do not wanna spend lots of time on writing a longer comment:: to put it in a nutshell: it is dirty, run down, Hotel Staff / Management (?) is unfriendly and not helpful , breakfast (food in general) is boring and tastes not good....water quality is hell.....

nice Island, nice beaches and nice restaurants, friendly local people, perfect weather all year long - but i am sure there are better Hotels near by

booked the Hotel because of the quite good Rating - from my Point of view it is totally overrated

Room Tip: simply avoid to stay there
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mike w
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice and clean appartment with great view, pleasant decorations, good restaurant, friendly staff. Best beds in 3 weeks of Cape Verde. Can not commend on the hotel breakfast: we got very nice breakfast from the italian patisseria just around the corner, bought some mangos and took our breakfast on our own lovely terrace.
Manager Carlo is very helpful .
The restaurant offers excellent pizzas and great fish dishes. The Tuna with sesam and wasabi was the best we ate in 3 weeks!
No wifi in Estoril, but free wifi on the main square.
And yes, there are quite a few unfinished buildings in the area, but that's the case in most of the places on Cape Verde.

Room Tip: appartments on the 3th floor have a very nice terrace
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kris v
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been in Estoril for a few days on a business trip and found that the place was very clean, quiet and friendly. For sure I can say that I received back more than I spent !

I understand that many people can be a bit impressed from the "work in progress" aspect of the surroundings but don't forget that this island is a recently developed area and still in the process. If you think as a traveller, not only as a tourist, you will definitely enjoy the wonderful beaches just a couple of minutes walking from the hotel.

One more word for the restaurant: I was really surprised to find at night very good food served in a nice, warm atmosphere. Most of the personnel speak good Italian and possibly more languages so I felt really comfortable. I can agree that the breakfast could be a bit more attractive, but the director of the hotel, a very professional and friendly person, told me that this was one of the things they were going to improve, so I think in my next trip it will be solved.

In resume if you want to be free from the restraints of being closed in a huge, massive chain hotel, this is a very good choice for a honest price. I would reccomend it both for a family holiday or for a business or single trip.

See you again guys !

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and I would say it was a good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marco G
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just returned from Boa Vista and my stay in the Estoril for 12 days ....well on arrival I was greeted by the Manger who seemed friendly enough and then shown to my room by the reception girl who I found to be a bit rude for want of a word .. I was put in one of the appartments which although was very spacious was also extremely dated and tired but i must say it was clean but also had a really bad smell like rotting meat which greeted your nose every time you opened the door for the first 4 days or so but it did seem to subside .The cleaners did keep it clean every day apart from Sundays so not too bad in that respect .... Now the breakfast !!!! this was something else absolutely shocking !!! A bit of bread ,jam ,bananas,a few slices of cheese and ham, stale cereal , gone off yogurt,terrible coffee ,orange squash ,you struggle to eat anything really its all so shocking why they cant put on some more fruit or some eggs is beyond me seemed like they were penny pinching as all the other hotels breakfasts looked fine ,they had a good coffee machine but only used this in the evenings when it turns into a restaurant....now the restaurant did have some nice fish and pizzas on the menu and some of the meat was not bad but i do not think it was the right cuts they were saying it was ....but the pasta was something else aswell; uncooked and so salted to hide the taste Im sure - and the chef is Italian so how he can muck up a simple spag bol is beyond me!! I felt like telling his mother who Im sure would shoot him for turning out one this bad !! Well having said that Ifound the rest of the staff friendly and helpfull and always said hello and goodbye and chatted about the day so i did have a nice stay but iI did not hang round the Estoril too much and found other places to eat much better and better value for money ... I for one would not return to this hotel I would choose another where you may be a bit more comfortable and get better value for money !!

Room Tip: dont come to this hotel untill they spend a bit of cash on the place !!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Paul F
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were delighted with Hotel Estoril after a bad start in a tatty, unwelcoming hotel in the centre of town and finding many of the other beachfront hotels full. I probably would have booked with the hotel before arrival if it had any online presence or the number and email cited in the Bradt guide had worked. I still have no idea how to contact it.
The rooms are large, clean, airy (ceiling fan) and brightly decorated with good bathrooms, if no sea views or balcony.
The location is almost ideal, 100m from the better beach, 5 mins walk from the town square and with some cafes and restaurants around. Yes, the surrounding area looks tatty, with several half-built projects and vacant lots amid the dunes, but that is how Sal Rei is now. None were noisy and the hotel itself is well planted and immaculately maintained.
No idea whether the hotel does breakfast. It seemed not to want to sell it to us. Pastelaria Doce Vida almost opposite more than made up for this, without the need to get up early. The hotel's attached restaurant is very good for dinner and arguably Sal Rei's most popular.
Communicating with hotel reception can be enjoyably/frustratingly Beckettian. Vladimir wants to be helpful but doesn't always feel there is something to be done. There does seem to be an issue with the calculation of the hotel bill, although I don't feel this is malicious. Several figures were quoted amid much hammering of calculators. Not sure why as the prices are very clearly displayed and this was what I paid. €50/night for a double is good value by local standards. Probably best to pay up front to avoid confusion.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple