“Idyllic, Rustic Charm”
other travelers have booked this property
Bird view over Heavenly Bay
Living room (studio) Kitchen (studio)
Check Availability
Kitchen (studio)
Bed room
Balcony view
Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Nelli A
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Idyllic, Rustic Charm”
Reviewed October 31, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

"Location, location, location", this phrase aptly describes Angel Retreat apartments. It is literally steps away from the beach. At the time, it was the most affordable accommodations in Castara as they had a special of $60 per night for 4 persons. It's a simple 1 bedroom apartment with 1 bed in the bedroom and a double bed in the living area. A fully equipped kitchen and huge wrap around porch outside complete the accommodation. There is a nice pool and pool towels are provided however my kids didn't spend much time in it because the beach is next door. Lots of tame wildlife around the building and you walk down to one of the best beaches and snorkeling on the island.

I'd give it 3 stars because after a commute over 14 hours long due to ferry problems, I was assured that someone would be awaiting us at 4am. However, my kids were forced to sleep outside in the car until 10am when someone arrived to open the office. Thankfully we had our car and we're not dropped off by taxi. All calls to the owner went unanswered. Four stars for the idyllic ambiance, location and affordability.

leecee88
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed November 18, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed at Angel Retreat from November 2, 2015 to November 6, 2015. The views are breathtaking. The property is quaint, rustic and beautiful. It was just what I needed. I loved sitting on the patio/balcony and watching the ocean, the trees and the sunset. The is merely a few yards walk to the beach. The customer service is excellent (thanks Steffi). I will definitely be back!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity and the views.
Liked least: I wished my stay was longer.
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Nov 18, 2015
Thank you! It was wonderful having you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon. Maybe Carnival?

Best wishes
Angel Retreat
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing