Castara Retreats
$155
$126
  • Pool
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
$135
$110
  • Pool
$140
Hotels.com
$179
$99
$93
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
$289
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
$141
Angel Retreat(Castara)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsporridgefishcastara bayboat triphis wifethe kitchennewton georgemangoauthentic caribbeanbeautiful surroundingshired a carlocal cuisinemanagement teamincredible viewsliving roomcaribbean holidaylaid back
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The most relaxing holiday we've ever had! A wonderful place, with wonderful people looking after us (Porridge and Jeanelle). The boat trip with Seon and Shaq and the walk in the rainforest with Newton were highlights of our trip - we were amazed by the variety of birds and fish we saw.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a wonderful holiday. Porridge and his family looked after us very well and were great company. The accommodation and setting are simply stunning. However the friendliness of the locals in Castara made it for us-particularly Bingi the Fruit King and the fishermen on the beach. We liked feeling part of the community with not many tourists about. There is no tourist tat- I struggled to find somewhere to buy a t-shirt. This is the real Caribbean deal.
We had looked at hotels on Tobago but it seemed you would be in a sterile bubble cut off in a gated community.
There is a fine line between relaxation and boredom but this is the most relaxed and yet stimulating holiday we have been on. It's the only holiday where I've taken my watch off for a week and just gone with the flow.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I cannot say enough good words to describe my experience at Castara. On arrival we immediately felt we were on holiday; it usually takes me a few days to adjust. Meeting Steve and Sue on the first day gave an instant impression that we were on holiday with friends and that is how we felt for our entire stay. That feeling included Porridge and his family and the other guests that came through during the stay.
The accommodations were lovely, Steve's love of fishing and Sue's knowledge of the flora and fauna was invaluable. We hired one of Porridge's vehicles for 2 days and toured the Island which was nice but we could not wait to get back to Castara for the company and Steve's Ceviche. All in all we had a ball!!!

Pete and Chrissie Birdsong

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Pete H
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Our best holiday ever - two weeks of being at one with nature, people and place. Warm, unassuming efficiency and generosity from Porridge, Jeanelle, Shaq, and Rebecca made everything perfect. We've already booked for next year!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lazlo_Almasy
Reviewed April 27, 2012

April 2012. We loved Castara Retreats-and staying in a real Caribbean community. This is a great location for people who like to get away from the tourists and are relaxed about their vacation experience. We stayed in Hummingbird 1, which has fantastic views. Specifically, here is what I liked about Castara Retreats. I like staying in places that are open to air-the windows all open wide, so you feel like you are living outside-yet you can still shut the windows and leave the loevers open for security, if you want that. I liked that the kitchen had what I needed-an electric kettle for tea, a french press, enough materials to cook and prep meals with. We also really liked being close to the village, but also having separation. The other travellers here were really pleasant, and you can spend as much time with them as you wish to. The owners happended to be here and they are fantastic-have invested into the local community, which is great to see. We loved staying here, it was perfect. Gorgeous, relaxed-just loved it.

This is what I liked about the Castara location. I liked that the people in the village were friendly, but never obtrusive. No one trying to sell us things on the beach, etc. I felt completely comfortable walking everywhere, no matter what time of day or night. We did the boat trip w/ Porridge and it was fabulous--great snokelling, nice lunch, actually swam with a dophin for a few minutes-truly amazing. We've been to Negril, Antigua, Vieques and this has been our best Caribbean vacation so far-both b/c of the village, and being away from tourists, and staying in a gorgeous apartment. Next time, we'll bring the kids.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple