I would say Castara is the best place to stay if you want to stay away from the main resort areas, and in Castara the Naturalist is the best place to stay, located right on the beach only a stones throw away from the nearest restaurant, and shops. We weren't sure what to expect when we booked Tobago and chose to go to Castara, but it turned out to be one on the most relaxing and memorable holidays I have had in a long time. The naturalist is a small and friendly self catering apartment complex with rooms ranging from small studio rooms to 3 bed apartments. We stayed in Tuna, one of the smaller rooms without beech views but still overlooking the forest with a large balcony area where we could sit outside and watch the wildlife in the forest, Ancle and his staff were all very friendly and helpful, the rooms were air conditioned great if you wanted to cool down and were cleaned daily. Castara is a lovely place to stay and would love to go back as soon as I can, it was my first taste of the Caribbean and if going on what the seasoned Caribbean visitors say this is what the Old Caribbean was like if anything the people and place were amongst the most genuine I have experienced. I couldn't recommend it more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Naturalist Beach Resort provides a charm that brings people together and has a great number of returning guests listed as "VIP's" The perfect type of settings to sooth you and allows you to totally unwind ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Naturalist Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naturalist Beach Hotel Castara
- Naturalist Beach Resort Tobago/Castara