“Family and I thouroughly enjoyed our stay at Seascape”

SeaScape on Heavenly Bay
Buffalo, New York
“Family and I thouroughly enjoyed our stay at Seascape”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed Seascape. David was quick to respond to my inquiry as I was a bit last minute with the booking. The caretaker Rolling and his wife were really sweet and welcoming. The place itself was tasteful-vacation/cottage vibe but modern and clean. The view is spectacular. The kitchen was well stocked. Some beer and water were complimentary. There was a boogie board and binoculars that my nephew enjoyed. Castara in general is my favorite spot in Tobago. We had a really positive experience all around. We took some day excursions and were always happy to return to seascape to rest. My only complaints was that the fridgerator wasn't working perfectly (but i brought it to owners attention) and the circular mosquito nets are not my personal favorite. In my opinion these complaints are so minor. I highly recommend seascape and any of Davids properties. Also seemed that the village had a positive opinion of David and his wife, which was nice to hear.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gigi g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Blairmore, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We loved SeaScape! The climb from the street isn't for anyone that has bad knees...but well worth it! When you open the bifold doors to walk out onto the balcony every bit of stress that you carried with you until that moment falls away! The sound of the waves crashing on the shore, the birds calling each other and watching the sunset over the ocean is magical. After the sunsets and you are sitting on the balcony and the first firefly blinks in the darkness you feel like you've come home! Everyone should be lucky enough to experience the magic of SeaScape during their stay on Tabago in the loveliest of villages Castara.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Seascape in Castara for (3) nights. Castara is where you want to stay while in Tobago. The Seascape property is situated overlooking the beach with fantastic unobstructed sunsets and views. We stayed in the one bedroom unit, which has a great balcony and all the feelings of home. It is only a minute to the beach, since the unit is overlooking the beach. Great location, but be prepared for some walking! The only restaurant you will want to go to is "Margeurite's." She is extremely friendly and serves the best food on the island. Don't waste your time going anywhere else. Everything on the menu is prepared like mom used to make! You can snorkel right off the beach and around the corner to a beautiful corral reef, where i saw turtle and all type's of sea life. My brother and his wife stayed at "Castara Retreat" that is out of this world. Take the time to visit the property, as it is right up the road.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Dear all,

I stayed in Tobago for about a week together with my friends on a recent trip during carnival time.

Not only that I want to admit that the island of Tobago is an awesome and safe place with a caribbean spirit and very kind and "easy going" people where you can relax, snorkle, dive, hike and so on.

Whatsmore I can only highly recommend you the Sea Scape estate on heavenly bay, if you ever plan to do a trip to this country aswell.

I just want to say "thank you" to Mr. Rolling and Mrs. Lavorne, the local manager and caretaker as well as to the owner Mr. Bray
for making our wonderful holiday possible - and in that I may speak for our group as a whole!
Sea Scape is a wonderful place for a vacation, thanks!

When we visited the website of sea scape we got a glimpse of what it can look like - but we couldn't imagine that it looks like that also in real! Just situated above the heavenly beach and just a few minutes walk to the castara village center and a waterfall in the rainforest, you can enjoy caribbean life in a nearly lonely bay as someone can wish for - and so we did.
When we entered Sea Scape the first time, we loved it in an instant - it is fully made of wood and furnished in a modern way. The kitchen is well equipped and there are many little gadgets which make your stay easier (mosquito buzzer and net, flashlights, field glasses for bird watching, mixer and so on). Everything was very clean and the climate inside the building was also very comfortable because of the architecture. The balcony and the sight out of the shower window are overwhelming - due to the fact that the estate is buildt at the top of a small hill on the bay, you can overlook the whole beach with palms, the waves and some fisherman's boats - and you can also sit in the sun in the late afternoon, even when all the other apartments on the bay are covered in shadow. people from other apartments on the same bay told us that they envied us for that fact when they looked up on to 'our' house.
I think Sea Scape has the most impressive panoramic view in an apartment Ive ever seen. We nearly sat every day inside the house or on the balcony while we enjoyed the sunset with a sundowner cocktail. The sun sets in straigt line in front of the rooms there. during our stay we could hear the sounds of the sea at any time, which gave an additional feeling of relaxation.
I didnt give sleep quality full points above due to the mosquitos, which are quite usual on the island. the mosquito net is quite useful and the meshes are that wide so that air can breeze through what is quite comfortable; but unfortunately sometimes you touch the net which is installed centrical above the bed while sleeping and so the little beasts can sting you although you lie in there.

When we had some problems with a misunderstanding concerning our airport transfer by car or with our toilet we got fast and friendly help by Mr. Rolling and Mrs. Lavorne at any time. Usually they came to see us at the sea scape in person just a couple of minutes after we called them for help.

After returning home, I noticed that I accidentialy put a torch/flashlight (which was put into the electrical socket in the main room as a helpful gadget) into my trousers and
carried it all the way back to Austria. This happened when I
welcomed our airport taxi drivers in the earliest morning at
3:30am, to fall not across the stairs outside. I wanted to send it back to them, but the the owner just answered me in a mail: "Don't worry about the flashlight. Please keep it as a reminder of SeaScape. I'm glad it helped you make it safely down to the road so early in the morning. That is why it was there."

To sum up, we were very lucky to have chosen that apartment and it was the definite highlight on our one-month lasting travel through Florida and the caribbean sea. Again, I can only highly recommend you this place for your trip aswell.

Alex

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Seascape is a perfect place to stay close to the beach in Castara. It is spacious, modern and clean with fantastic views of the Caribbean Sea. The accommodation is well equipped to allow maximum comfort to enjoy your vacation.
Just a word of caution, Seascape is built on a hill. It requires some effort to reach it from the street level. It is probably not suitable for people with mobility problems.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Our party of 6, we spent a week in both units at Sea Scape. We had a great time. SeaScape is pretty close to perfect. Castara is spectacularly beautiful, and the village has a great scene, too. Of the spots in the area, nothing beats SeaScape's location perched above Heavenly Bay. The units are not huge, but they are roomy enough for the group-sizes advertised, and they are comfortable, light, airy, and aesthetically pleasing. Having driven all over the north half of the island we couldn't think of anywhere on Tobago we'd rather stay. if it's in your budget, I can't recommend it enough.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore
Reviewed January 17, 2011

This is our second time staying here and we loved it! We have stayed in both sides of this place and the views are incredible. If you love just relaxing you will love it here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castara
Castara Retreats
#1 of 5 in Speyside
The Villas at Stonehaven
The Villas at Stonehaven
#2 of 3 in Black Rock

Been to SeaScape on Heavenly Bay? Share your experiences!