We previously wrote a review of the property in December 2009 -- we returned for another visit in December 2010. I can't express strongly enough how wonderful a place is the Villas at Stonehaven. The setting is picturesque and tranquil and the property is absolutely perfect for those who want solitude and relaxation. On this visit we stayed in Villa #11, which has an unobstructed view of the ocean and lush grounds. We watch every afternoon as tanagers (blue-grey, palm, and white-lined) takes baths along the side of our infinity pool, and also have many birds (hummingbirds, bananaquits, tropical mockingbirds, etc, etc) to watch around the property. The 3700 square foot villa is a steal -- we got in this year and last on a "pay for five nights, stay for seven nights" deal that works out to less than $200 a night. An absolute steal!! Prices are higher in "high season," but still reasonable for what you get. This is not a place for folks who want to party hard; it is ideal for folks who want a relaxing space on an island that has unspoiled beauty. The property is a 15 minute walk to a huge bird sanctuary (feeding times at 8AM and 4PM) and less than 15 minutes from a quiet, unspoiled beach. There are many sights, for those who want to look around; though one may be content just hanging out at their villa and enjoying the peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views on the west coast of Tobago, The Villas at Stonehaven is one of the finest luxury resorts in the Caribbean. The resort is an exquisite collection of elegantly appointed three and four bedroom Villas set in ten acres of beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Villa amenities include spacious indoor and outdoor living & dining areas; private infinity pool and spectacular ocean views. Your own daily personal housekeeper attends to your needs and will cook delicious meals on request. Villas are immaculately furnished and feature large air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suites, full kitchens, barbeque areas and ample dining and living space. The accommodation makes for the ideal choice for couples seeking a romantic retreat; families requiring a holiday home, or groups of friends wanting their own space and independence.By day, indulge in an in-room spa service, visit the nearby beach or explore the delights of Tobago. Evenings begin with a sun-downer complete with spectacular sunsets, to be enjoyed on your private terrace or mingling with other guests poolside at the Clubhouse bar and pool.The Pavilion Restaurant, open for lunch and dinner serves delicious Caribbean and Continental Cuisine and also offers room service.The unique setting of this luxurious boutique resort also provides an unforgettable venue for weddings, small conferences and other special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Villas at Stonehaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Stonehaven Hotel Black Rock
- The Villas At Stonehaven Tobago/Black Rock