We stayed at the Stonehaven Villas for a friend's wedding; the place is spectacular... It looked great on the website but that doesn't even do it justice. The villas are impecable, each with a full kitchen, infinity pool, large patio, well manicured gardens filled with flowers and hummingbirds. I've never seen such a beautiful place.
Even though the villas are perfect, something has to be said about the staff in the reception/clubhouse area. They are not the most friendly people and sent us to the wrong villa when we arrived. This was not a one-time mishap; they also sent others to the wrong place. At the bar, the servers were about as happy as a wet cat, never smiled once to anyone and gave very dry answers to any orders/questions.
The reception staff also recommended a "deep sea fishing" guide to some of the guests. It was a nightmare. Basically the person they recommended took them bobber fishing in a raft. When they complained, another boat came but it had no bait.... so they spent the rest of the time trying to catch bait fish.
It seems so strange to me that there is such a disconnect between to impecable luxury of the villas and the motel-quality staff in the reception/clubhouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views on the west coast of Tobago, The Villas at Stonehaven is one of the finest luxury resorts in the Caribbean. The resort is an exquisite collection of elegantly appointed three and four bedroom Villas set in ten acres of beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Villa amenities include spacious indoor and outdoor living & dining areas; private infinity pool and spectacular ocean views. Your own daily personal housekeeper attends to your needs and will cook delicious meals on request. Villas are immaculately furnished and feature large air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suites, full kitchens, barbeque areas and ample dining and living space. The accommodation makes for the ideal choice for couples seeking a romantic retreat; families requiring a holiday home, or groups of friends wanting their own space and independence.By day, indulge in an in-room spa service, visit the nearby beach or explore the delights of Tobago. Evenings begin with a sun-downer complete with spectacular sunsets, to be enjoyed on your private terrace or mingling with other guests poolside at the Clubhouse bar and pool.The Pavilion Restaurant, open for lunch and dinner serves delicious Caribbean and Continental Cuisine and also offers room service.The unique setting of this luxurious boutique resort also provides an unforgettable venue for weddings, small conferences and other special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Villas at Stonehaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Stonehaven Hotel Black Rock
- The Villas At Stonehaven Tobago/Black Rock