May 2009 was our second visit to Tobago and our first stay at The Villas at Stonehaven.
The Villa was very pleasant but I must confess, my first impression was one of disappointment; it appeared tired, especially the kitchen which to be honest, was unacceptably grubby and not what we expected from this type of resort. However, the views were wonderful the pool inviting so we unpacked and settled in.
We suffered some noise problems in this Villa and noticed, having taken a stroll around that at the middle/top end of the resort peace and quiet, only the birds and breeze could be heard! Despite our request when booking, for a quiet Villa we had actually been allocated the noisiest! Not only was it close to the bar and Restaurant it was also closest to the main road which was surprisingly noisy even late into the night.
We asked if we could be moved to a quieter Villa. This was agreed and we were invited to view another Villa which we did and moved immediately into it.
The difference in the Villa and quietness of the location was over whelming. The quality and cleanliness of this Villa was far superior to the one we had left, we could not fault it in any way. A very attentive house keeper, who is an asset to Stonehaven with her polite, friendly disposition and her attention to detail in the upkeep of this Villa is commendable.
The views from all of the Villas are excellent and the up keep of the grounds first class. We understand that some of the Villas have different furnishings - our second Villa being one of these.
The Villas are all on a steep hill and we would recommend that a car is hired in order to enjoy the Island and take advantage of the numerous local beaches. For this particular visit to Tobago we were looking for a quiet relaxing time, which we had only leaving the Villa for an early morning stroll on the beach. The Villa pool for us was exceptional and we loved it.
It was a shame that our request for a quiet Villa was not heeded as this spoilt a couple of days of our holiday, however this would not dissuade us from returning or recommending Stonehaven - if you get the right Villa it really can be a perfect holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views on the west coast of Tobago, The Villas at Stonehaven is one of the finest luxury resorts in the Caribbean. The resort is an exquisite collection of elegantly appointed three and four bedroom Villas set in ten acres of beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Villa amenities include spacious indoor and outdoor living & dining areas; private infinity pool and spectacular ocean views. Your own daily personal housekeeper attends to your needs and will cook delicious meals on request. Villas are immaculately furnished and feature large air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suites, full kitchens, barbeque areas and ample dining and living space. The accommodation makes for the ideal choice for couples seeking a romantic retreat; families requiring a holiday home, or groups of friends wanting their own space and independence.By day, indulge in an in-room spa service, visit the nearby beach or explore the delights of Tobago. Evenings begin with a sun-downer complete with spectacular sunsets, to be enjoyed on your private terrace or mingling with other guests poolside at the Clubhouse bar and pool.The Pavilion Restaurant, open for lunch and dinner serves delicious Caribbean and Continental Cuisine and also offers room service.The unique setting of this luxurious boutique resort also provides an unforgettable venue for weddings, small conferences and other special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Villas at Stonehaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Stonehaven Hotel Black Rock
- The Villas At Stonehaven Tobago/Black Rock