“Quiet and relaxing hotel”

Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Black Rock
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nice location . Spacious room, large bathroom. all amenities. nice balcony and spectacular view.
I was with my partner 2 years ago for 4 days at the end of the year. A very quiet hotel , adults only and very gay friendly. the attention in the restaurant very special. all very cordial and polite.
Translation
Few people in the pool, fantastic beach front. if you want a place to relax and unwind do not hesitate to visit this cute hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Xabuep T

Reviewed May 27, 2013

a very nice hotel situated in a quite area of Tobago staff very friendly and helpful made my stay relaxing the spa is good too . there is a nice beach in front of the hotel only trouble is you got to walk down a lot of steps . I done a few dives in the south of the island was ok nothing special I think the best diving is in the north. the rain forest is worth a visit too .
unlike me I would not visit around September time because of the tropical storm season I was there when hurricane ivan went close .

Room Tip: get a room on the second floor nice views over the bay
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Raymond P
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

The pool the beach the food. The staff here is very professional. The birds ate very friendly too... Lol... The other epic part of my stay was the view I got from my room... There is only one thing the room misses and it's a proper working tv. Other than that awesome

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Qwasi W
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We would like to formally thank Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa and staff for making our wedding and honeymoon a fairy tale. We were greeted with a tasty welcoming drink, smiles from the staff and hugs. The staff called us by name as if they had been knowing us. They were very helpful.

The day of our wedding we were treated with royalty. Our coordinator Ms. Sonja did everything she was suppose to do for the wedding and MORE! The chocolate cake as we requested was delicious. Our flowers were fuschia and orange and they were beautiful. I was so worried about my dress being wrinkled. The housekeeping staff steamed my dress so it would be perfect for the wedding. The photographer got all the special shots we wanted for great memories and surprised us with a CD of all of our pictures. Rev. Parks made our ceremony very special.

The surprise! Dinner was excellent! We had a private waiter and was served a private dinner in the Gazebo. After dinner we were escorted to our upgraded jacuzzi suite that was decorated with fresh flowers. This was the best gift.

We want on tours that were organized by our coordinator and we had a lovely time. We will never forget the special treatment we had and how special our day/honeymoon was.
The Ryans

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pryan12
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I just spent a great week in paradise. Our room was spacious, great view of pool and ocean. Very clean when we got there and kept that way all week. We had the breakfast package that included .....breakfast. Pretty much the same every day but it's hard to mess up eggs and toast.
Most nights we had dinner at the resturant on site and once again the food was pretty good but very limited in variety. Our trip purpose was to relax and we chose the perfect place for that.
The fitness center was well equiped for a resort and the equipment was in good shape. I especially liked the heavy bag. After a morning workout we spent the rest of the day between poolside and one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. The weather is a staring character in this story. 84 degrees with a mild trade wind is as close to perfect as I care to wish for. We are already making plans for a return visit and hoping for a repeat of last week.

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor provided a marvelous view. No elevators though, so lots of stairs and ra...
4  Thank gcaver
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have read many varied reviews of this resort but apart from 1 or 2 minor niggles we could not fault it.

The staff were extremely friendly and always helpful - particularly Sheryl, Duane, Michaela and manager Peter. Sorry if I've forgotten anyone.

Our room was clean and serviced perfectly every day, always plenty of hot water and fresh towels including beach towels. Great view over the garden/pool area to Stonehaven Bay.

Food was varied, interesting and usually excellent. Breakfast fell back a bit when it was a buffet on the last 3 mornings.

We had a wonderful time - one of the best and we have had a few. Richard & Julie

Room Tip: Ask for 302!
1  Thank laxton1
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a great week at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and always had time to talk to you and were able to give advice on trips and places of interest etc. The food was very good and well presented. The room was spacious and clean and we had a great view of the sea and well kept gardens. We had a free spa treatment everyday which was excellent. The spa area was very relaxing and the therapists were very welcoming.

1  Thank lutonlady_12
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts

Been to Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort? Share your experiences!