“Visit to Grafton” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grafton Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Black Rock
“Visit to Grafton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently went to Grafton Beach Resort. Grafton truly makes you feel right at home........were from Trinidad. Came for the Republic Weekend. Service was impeccable, housekeeping promptly made checks to our room, food was great and front office was available on call anytime. Facilities are very eco-friendly, beaches and pools kept clean. We came as a family for some R&R, and got just that and more.... So thank you Grafton Staff, keep on doing Great work and delivering Great service. Mr.Hughes, Ms.Johnson and child.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook both garden and beach facilities, allowing one to take in Nature at its best, Bi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kryptocalknight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tobago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The pictures published in TripAdisor and in their website must had been taken when the hotel was just built. It doesn't look like that anymore.

The public areas are nice, lobby, corridors, swimming pool, but the bedrooms are old, in my bedroom everything was broken, the chairs the desk the curtains, the bathroo was extremely dirty, a black spot of old dirt in the tube, the tiles on the floor were broken and with yellow stains. There was a plastic chair in the balcony, totally spoiled by the sun.

We paid for a room with see view, the only thing i could see it was the electric cables hanging right in front of my balcony.

The only nice staff that i met was the guy who took my bag to the room and one of the waitresses in the restaurant. The receptionist, besides not being polite at all, was always busy on the phone with her friends, I could hear all her conversations because I had to stand there just to wait for her to finish her call, it was so rude and unprofessional.

I was in a business meeting with my husband, while he was in this meeting I wanted to explore around, I asked at the reception for some information of things to do in Tobago and the answer was that that they didn't know anything. the best they could do for me it was to show me an old christian calendar with some church celebrations, so they sent me to church.

For the amount of money that you have to pay in that hotel you really expect a lot more.

Before you book a room with them, go to the island check around, see by yourself if you like the place and then take it. It's ot difficult to find a place to stay, right at the airport you find people offering accomodation or cars to hire.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank TravelFan182

Travelers are raving about these Black Rock hotels

Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

A group of friends and myself stayed at this hotel, only to pay $$ and find BED BUGS in our room, we had to sleep on the floor because front desk was NO HELP!! It was like i was begging them to do their job. At one time the receptionist removed the bell, and she made it clear that she removed it because it annoyed her! Not all the air conditioning in the rooms work, It took them 8 hrs to change the tv in my room, that was never working! The rooms left much to be desired!! i could not open my curtains because the hotel next door had direct view into my room. not all the phones in all the rooms work so God forbid something happens to you in your room!! I would never stay at this hotel or recommend it to anyone!. They ran out of food, which barely had taste or variety not to mention the mislabeling of food, so my Muslim friends ate pork that was labeled as beef!!! the overall service and management of this hotel is POOR!!!

I believe they have a refund for me from this "all inclusive" package!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Khaleesi L
caribbean
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had family from overseas who came to visit us in Trinidad and wanted to go to Tobago, As it is August and a very busy time in Tobago, we tried to get accommodations at a number of hotels, but without any lock. We were very surprised when, we called Grafton and there was room available. Since their stay was limited we decided to book this hotel. First thing on check in we were told that our All-inclusive package will start at Dinner time, a first for us, since we have been to many All-inclusive hotels in many countries, and this is the first time we ever heard this policy. Next the swim up bar looked like it had not been used in years, as was the bar at the Kiddies pool. The food seems to be the same thing every day with no variety. on the plus side their bar severed very good drinks, and the bartender was very friendly as was the front desk clerk. One of the waitresses in the restaurant had a very bad attitude. The rooms were passable, and so were the bath rooms.

I will not be recommend this hotel to my friends, try some place else.

7 Thank CaribbeanSupers
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

After reading these reviews, I was extremely hesitant and didn't look forward to my stay at Grafton this weekend. However upon arrival, front desk staff were friendly and we even checked in before 3pm. We didn't have a television remote, but made a call to the front desk, and one was brought to the room with half an hour. Buffet breakfast was just ok, but the staff were extremely attentive, pleasant and accommodating. Room was a bit dated but cleaned daily. My only complaint would be the towels which definitely look used and abused. But other than that, I have no complaints. It"s a decent place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trinidcq
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed with my family from Aug 6-10, 2012, do not even consider it as an option. False advertising, rude staff, especially the restaurant manager, rooms are dated, the towels have certainly seen its time, the food was nothing to shout about. I regretted my decision staying there, now I know why you don't have to make reservations.

7 Thank susie038
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family was there from 7/31-8/3/12 and from the time you entered the place it was a bunch of problems.Check in was at 3pm and the rooms were not ready until 4:30 so we had to sit and wait in the lobby which made us late to for appointments we had and the kids were tired and crying. There is not organization and they play the blame game.We had 2 rooms attached.One room had no TV remote and smelled the other had rust in the bathtub,missing AC remote and a leaky AC unit that wet the suitcase.They did not compensate for this.Power was gone and they didn't have a generator nor accommodated anyone for it.During this time staff found their way in several rooms and stole money and jewelry from targeted people.The towels were old and tattered,breakfast was a waste of money.If you are just looking for a place to rest your head just stay somewhere else.This place is NOT worth the money or headache.It is not up kept and the staff needs a hospitality lesson.

Room Tip: pay a little more and stay somewhere else
6 Thank shirvana s
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,461 reviews
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine

Been to Grafton Beach Resort? Share your experiences!