“Home Away From Home !”

Plantation Beach Villas
“Home Away From Home !”
Reviewed February 9, 2004

I stayed at the Plantation Beach Villas in Sept/Oct of 2003 and was pleasantly surprised. As soon as we opened the door to the villa there were big smiles on our faces. Simply out - the villas are beautiful and have a very homey feeling with everything you need at your disposal.
Quite honestly I think the website under sells the property and it is much nicer in person ( that rarely seems to happen). I actually went to sleep and woke up to the sound of waves from the ocean villa overlooked. What was also nice about the property is you have evrything at your disposal and have a great staff to service your needs. We actually only ate out once because we arranged for our housekeeper to cook for us. The cost was only $12 per meal; not per person, per meal!
And the food was great! I highly recommend the Plantation Beach villas and tobago to everyone. Having traveled a great deal I believe this is one of the best bargins our there especially if you have others traveling with you. The cost per night works out to be quite economical and with $12 meals per person it definitely is budget friendly. In short, do there and escape. Just remember to bring some bug spray with you.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed March 24, 2003

Normally when I go self catering, I always pack a few essentials that I know will make life easier if I have them to hand – travel iron, mozzie coils, world band radio, my favourite coffee, etc.I've just stayed at Tobago's Plantation Beach Villas, and thanks to new manager, Philip Dawson and his team, - all I needed to bring was my sun lotion and bikini. As soon as I entered my pretty salmon pink villa – 'Poinciana' – I felt more like a resident than a tourist. Absolutely everything was provided. The attention to detail made me feel instantly at home. Shirley, the villa's dedicated maid, was busy arranging fresh flowers, and welcomed me like a long lost friend. The huge fridge was full of ice cold beers, soft drinks, bacon, eggs, butter and cheese, and there was a basket of tropical fresh fruits and fresh bread just willing me to dive in. Ground coffee was waiting to go into the coffee machine. The kitchen was brand new and equipped with all mod cons, including dishwasher, cooker, microwave and fridge freezer. Mosquito coils and matches were thoughtfully provided, as well as books, board games and the latest local newspaper. I literally wanted for nothing for my first 24 hours in Tobago. No need to check where the nearest supermarket or off license were. I was ready to chill out. There were six beautiful colonial style villas sitting amongst mature tropical gardens on a little hillside sweeping down to Stonehaven Bay. I could see and hear the waves breaking on the shore as I sat on my 40ft open verandah sipping my cold Carib. Banana and cocoa trees leaned over the white fence, little banaquits balanced on the calabash bird table waiting for crumbs, and within minutes I'd spotted the famous Mot Mot, staring at me from a branch of pink bougainvillea. The birdsong was non stop. The villa had 3 double bedrooms, all en suite with showers large enough to hold a party in and lots of fluffy towels. When I came back from the beach, my freshly laundered clothes were there laid out on the bed by Shirley. I kicked off my sandy shoes, checked the news on cable TV, then sat down on the verandah with a rum and coke, Norah Jones accompanying me on the hi-fi provided. The birds were still in full song as I dozed off to the sound of the waves on the beach below me, hoping Christian, the villas' personal nightwatchman, would remember to wake me at the first sight of turtles coming onto the beach to lay their eggs. Bliss.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2003

Plantation Beach Villas is absolutely stunning. These 3 bedroom 3500 sq. ft. Gingerbread style homes sit nestled amongst the lush flora overlooking the beautiful beach at Stonehaven Bay. They are the only villas on the beach and boast the most wonderful setting that one could imagine. Peaceful. tranquil and exceptional service. In house maid service, televisions, stereo's microwave, full size washer and dryer, fridge, stove, blender, coffee maker etc. They have thought off everything possible to make you comfortable.The management and staff are truly amazing looking after your every need. There motto is "Sit back and relax, we'll do the rest" and that is not just a statement....IT IS FACT!!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
Coco Reef Tobago
Coco Reef Tobago
#1 of 3 in Crown Point

Been to Plantation Beach Villas? Share your experiences!