I stayed here with my family for about one week.
All I can say is WOW- we all loved the Plantation Beach Villas!
First, when we arrived one of my family members was very sick from the ferry ride. Even though it was not time to check in and they were still cleaning the villa, they allowed him to lay down and checked on him to make sure that he was feeling alright.
The service was absolutely excellent. The front desk staff and management were very personable. The bartender was a delight and made excellent drinks. The security staff patrolled at night to make sure the grounds were safe. The cleaning staff was so friendly. We were assigned the same housekeeper for the week. We also hired her to prepare meals for us. We purchased the food at the grocery store and paid her a fee. She (Jillian) was an amazing chef. I'm sorry I can't remember everyone else's names right now, but you were all great!
The villa had three bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms. There was one bedroom downstairs with two twin beds and a full private bath. In the hallway downstairs there was a bathroom with a toilet and sink (no shower or bathtub). There was a sofa downstairs that could be used for sleeping if necessary. Upstairs, there were two bedrooms with full beds and both had their own private bathrooms. There was a washer/dryer upstairs. There were a/c units in each bedroom. It was lovely during the day to have all the doors and windows open and feel the tropical breeze.
The beach that the property is located on is superb. The water was not rough and perfect for swimming. We snorkeled there as well. We could also take lounge chairs from the pool area and put them on the beach.
Some of the villas are at the top of a hill, so if you have leg problems walking up hills, you might want to request a villa by the bottom of the hill. You will park your car next to the villa and walk back and forth to the beach.
This was an unforgettable vacation for my family. We owe much of it to the Plantation Beach Villas-the only place to stay in Tobago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Tobago's Caribbean coast, the 6 luxurious villas are nestled in a grove of tropical trees, on a gently sloping hillside overlooking the palm-fringed Grafton beach. The emphasis is on elegant comfort amidst the serenity of nature. Each villa is fitted with all the modern amenities. The Resort is ideal for a family holiday or intimate wedding, our 'family' of friendly staff and the ambiance and warmth we provide assures a taste of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Beach Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Beach Villas Hotel Black Rock
- Plantation Beach Villas Tobago/Black Rock