Mosellandhotel Waldeck
Priceline
Hotel Moselkern(Moselkern)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

As one of a large group ( 90 - two coaches) It was a most enjoyable stay for the three nights stay.
On arrival the booking in went as smooth as possible bearing in mind the sudden arrival of so many even though the trip had been so well organised in advance. That evening a three course buffet meal was enjoyable in pleasant surroundings of the resturant.
Our rooms were very good light and airy, pleanty of room with en suite and balcony. Towels, security safe, and plenty of storage space. Only mirror was in the en suite so a larger (dressing) mirror would have been handy but this did not detract from the stay. Our room was located on third floor toward rear of building but was not inconvenient re access although no lift may be a disadvantage to more elderly visitors.
Large selection of various food choices at breakfasts. Staff very friendly and efficient in coping with large number of residents.
Proprietor was present and helpfull despite language barrier. All in all avery pleasant stay and is deffinately a place to return to should we be in that area again. To be reccomended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank norman s
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from burgen and what a pleasant stay the hotel was excellent as was the location owners and the staff where nice and friendly and I hope to return back there sometime in the bear future.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 934Mark
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am finding this hard to review but here goes, we went on a Rhine in Flames weekend with Leger coaches, after arriving late,in the evening we were shown to the room which we had been allocated and as always we checked the cleanliness of the duvet and I can only described it as filthy,to their credit they changed it immediately and also let us choose our
own room but the cleanliness of the bed linen in my opinion is a must in any hotel, the owners are really nice and friendly but I feel that does not make up for the lack of basic hygiene, I agree with others who state the area is outstandingly beautiful and should be seen to be believed.Breakfast was nice but choice fairly limited in my opinion but my partner thought the choice was fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Two friends and I stayed a few days in this hotel, and all I can say is that it was superb. (price/quality)
Brigitte and her staff did everything to satisfy all visitors. We were bikers, but there was also a bus of elderly englisch people, so anyone is welcome there.
We had a nice clean little room (single use) - food was included in the price and very good, breakfast was simpel but good.
Staff was very friendly and tried even to speak Dutch, because we are from Belgium. Also Englisch was no problem.
I recommended this hotel also on the Suzuki V Strom Forum site, in order to let other bikers enjoy this hotel.

Only negative point : Some elderly englisch people from the bus did not understand that in the early morning, (06.30 am) it is not the right time to talk loud in the corridors and outside. Other people want to sleep. But the staff can not help this, of course.

If I return to that region, I choose certainly this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank walter2861
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have been organising group holidays for some ten years now and Hotel Waldeck must be the finest hotel for groups in the Moselle/Rhine region. Let me list all its great features; Excellently furnished, great food, english speaking friendly staff, beautifully peaceful location with no road noise, no church bells or railways nearby. I have lost count of the many delighted coach travellers I have taken to Hotel Waldeck. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you have a special occasion there are delightful 'Honeymoon four poster bed rooms'.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends