“A great little stop on our drive”

Skelligs Chocolate Co.
Book In Advance
More Info
$354.16*
and up
Ring of Kerry Private Tour from Killarney
More attraction details
Owner description: Skelligs Chocolate is a family run business overlooking the magnificent Skelligs Rocks, on the south west coast of Ireland. Our factory opened its doors in 1996, consisting of two little production rooms; one for making chocolate and the other for packaging. The factory has since expanded to a state of the art production facility with adjoining cafe which serves delicious hot chocolate, tea, coffee and homemade treats. With the only open plan chocolate production facility in Ireland, we encourage you to call in to see our chocolate being made, taste the delicious treats and ask the friendly staff all about where chocolate comes from and how it is made.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stumbled across this while doing the extended Skelligs drive off the Ring of Kerry. As soon as we walked in we were offered free tastings from a lovely lady behind the counter, which meant we couldn't resist buying ourselves a nice selection to take out with us. It's really interesting to watch how they make their products; I particularly liked the machine making the chocolate footballs! It's great to see the company up and running so well after their original factory was destroyed a few years back (I read that while I was there) and if you are passing by, make sure you stop in for some delicious chocolate!

Colm H, Owner at Skelligs Chocolate Co., responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hi CrashMan47,
thanks for taking the time to visit us over the summer and to send us your Tripadvisor review.

I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of your visit, the tasting, watching the chocolate being made, but I especially hope you enjoyed your chocolates.

I hope the rest of your holiday was enjoyable too.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a lovely place. Went there while on holidays and couldn`t believe how friendly the staff were. We were given samples to taste and were encouraged to watch as the staff produced the chocolate. It is a very unusual factory and a great idea to turn it into a tourist attraction. The chocolate is fantastic, while it is expensive it is well worth a purchase. The little café is beautiful and relaxing. I would advise a visit if you are in the area.
Limerick visitors.

Colm H, Owner at Skelligs Chocolate Co., responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hi Billy R,
thanks for calling into our factory.

We are blessed with an incredible location and fantastic staff.

We have really tried hard to make it as friendly as possible and we like combining the food and tourism elements to ensure all visitors get the best experience they can.

We appreciate the kind words about the cafe too.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Some of the best chocolate I have tasted. I tried all their flavours. They were all divine. The staff were interesting and polite. The prices were expensive but worth it since it was so nice. The restaurant was great loved the hot chocolate. After much deliberation I have rated this establishment five stars since it was all divine.

Hi Reviewguy12,
I really appreciate your '5 star rating' - we do work hard at the factory, so it is great to see that being appreciated.

I am aware that pricing can seem 'expensive' but we go on the basis of getting the very best ingredients we can and as you mentioned you could taste the difference.

We love the Hot Chocolate too.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

When planning our family holiday this year. Skelligs was recommended as a place not to miss. On on returning from our visit to Kerry I can whole heatedly agree.

As a party of six adults we booked to attend a workshop. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating of our dietary needs. The workshop lasted about an hour and was very reasonably priced. We all left with a big bag of self decorated goodies for our efforts too.

The cafe food was delicious and we would personally recommend the hot chocolate too!

Hi Deborah,
we have been a bit nervous as we only started running our workshops this year. But we have had a great response and I am so glad you and your party enjoyed it. Don't forget to share the goodies...

Thanks for your comments on the cafe and hot chocolates.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

A few years ago I purchased a charming little box that had handpainted fuschias on it. When I came home, I opened the box and inside found a little bag of chocolates. OMG! Best thing I ever ate. Went to the computer and ordered more, and more, and more. We couldn't wait to visit. The staff was charming and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. A bit off the beaten path, but well worth it. Incredible view of the Skelligs on the route. Combine it with the Ring of Kerry, and you'll have a grand day.

1  Thank MMKSt_Augustine_FL

Hi MMK,
you have described a great day out - as long as you have the weather.

A trip around the coast of Kerry is spectacular, especially the views of the Skelligs Rocks. We are fortunate to have that every day.

I am still amazed how many people keep the hand painted boxes - so it is lovely to hear they brought you to us.

We need more customers like you - keep up the good work...