Vaughans Anchor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vaughan Lodge(Lahinch)
Summercove(Lahinch)
View Hotel
Falls Hotel & Spa(Ennistymon)
Hotel Doolin(Doolin)
Doolin House(Doolin)
View Hotel
Spanish Point House(Spanish Point)
B&B Southwind(Spanish Point)
View Hotel
All reviewsfishsteakhomemade cookiescrab clawschowderfoie grasthe pubblack puddingpork bellyb bate herebltreal pitybottled waterwell worth a visitqueen bedfood service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I booked a room online , expecting a basic B and B , when show our room though typical small neat but no nonsense room, but how wrong were we. Sure the room was smallish , but it was so well appointed and comfortable with one of the best and most modern bathrooms we had seen after 3 weeks on the road. Then in the evening we ate there and were again really and pleasantly surprised. The dinner we had was of the highest quality and the Inn was full of people on a monday evening who came specifically to eat, it was great, and people were happy to que to get a table at a small Inn, that speaks volumes for the place.The food service and hospitality were fantastic.
When we eventually retired for the evening, there was a picnic basket at our door with all the tea and coffee requirements as well as fresh home made biscuits which were out of this world.
Breakfast next morning was unbelievable with great local bacon and smoked salmon.
Overall I cant say any more than if you are in the area to go the Aran Islands or elsewhere spend the night, or at least go to dinner there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

On our way back from the Cliffs on Moher, we decided to stop at Vaughn's Anchor Inn for supper. Wow! I had my mind set on eating a lot of monkfish when I saw how readily available it was in Ireland. I live on Cape Cod and when you can find a restaurant that serves it, you have to take out a loan to by dinner! This was a very generous size piece of fish served on a bed of risotto, peas and mussels with pea puree. It was just fabulous! Others in our party were equally happy with fish and chips, seafood chowder, BL, burger with fried egg, and a lobster/crabmeat salad. All I can say is...Yum! Everyone felt the same. If it had been closer to our home base, we would have been here for dinner every night! Sincerely hope to return! Great job, Vaughn's!

Room Tip: We did not stay at Vaughn's but would consider for the future
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Myself and the girlfriend were in the area for a wedding and stopped in for some dinner the night before. This is a pub/inn that has turned it's hand to producing some really tasty food which is well presented and interesting. We found the service to be good despite the place being fully booked and buzzing.
Would highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OhEarcain
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Tonight we have had one of the best meals ever. I rate it up there with the very best. From the most tastiest breads, to the delicious fresh seafood, and the tempting desserts. All I can say is thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Based on other TripAdvisor reports,we went to this pub for a meal; maybe the chef was not on duty or some other problems arose? However, the fish was rather old and less than fresh and the batter too thick.My partner had a different dish and was underwhelmed with the quantity and quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple