“Great attention to detail”

and 1 more site!
Vaughans Anchor Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Liscannor B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I recently stayed in this B&B in Liscannor. We stayed in room 4 which was a lovely double room.The basket of homemade cookies and other goodies on our arrival was a nice touch and the bed and pillows were beyond comfortable.Breakfast the next morning was so tasty with a muesli,meat and delicious cheese buffet. We also went for a traditional Irish breakfast the bacon was of particular note. I will definitely be coming back here again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Based on other Tripadvisor reviews, we expected amazing food but a simply adequate overnight stay. However, we were surprised - and delighted - to find a beautifully appointed room with gorgeous bathroom (complete with a shower twice the size of any we saw during our entire Ireland trip, including in full-service hotels). A large basket of tea and snacks was prepared for us and set outside our room for when we arrived. Our favorite part, however, was the artwork: we'd love to purchase pieces by either the sketch artist who drew fun scenes from Liscannor, or the photographer who did beautiful work in the surrounding Clare Countryside. We unfortunately could not stay for breakfast, but this was a wonderful choice, and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

After 9 hours of sight seeing this place was a sight to behold
On entering the place was full of diners
I just wanted somewhere to sleep but thought why not try the menu as it looked to be well thought out and shellfish is my favourite. Myself and my partner first asked for a room they asked if we wanted to see it before deciding but I was so tired I would have slept on a bed of nails
So we said no it's fine well eat and then go to the room
For starter crab crumble , omg fab my taste buds are still thanking me
Mains fillet steak with crab claws
It was spectacular by the time I had stuffed my face sleep was calling, we were brought to a clean bright very well decorated room with a huge bed by a very efficient young woman
Heaven ... I slept like a log and after an overdose of Atlantic air the day before I was ready for breakfast. Home made hash brown free range egg and grilled bacon, my favourite, the menu was extensive but this was all I wanted
Overall I would gladly spend a month there

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had an excellent seafood meal here, everything was cooked excellently and the combinations on the plate worked a treat. Good thought gone into the food and good execution too.

We stayed the night too, for the price I thought it was decent and breakfast the next day was very good.

I'd definitely advise having a meal here if you're into your food, and if you happen to stay the night then all the better. The only minus is that I wouldn't say the owner is the happiest of men I've met!

Room Tip: Ring up Vaughans directly and you might get a cheaper price than online!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal is this lovely and well priced restaurant.
Extremely sympathetic cooking, handling the fish very well.
The meat eaters loved their steak and lamb choices too.
This was a huge surprise find as you'd expect from the setting a more traditional approach.

Really top drawer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in this B&B last weekend, Nice & quiet little village in the west of Ireland. What a gem of a place, room was fabulous,spotless with a very comfortable Queen size bed, lovely big shower and when we checked in we received a lovely basket of teas/coffees, water nuts & homemade cookies which were delicious:)) We went for dinner in the bar that evening and it was excellent, with the big roaring fire and a lovely cold pint of Guinness.Breakfast in the morning was very good freshly cooked to order fresh fruit ,cheese & smoked salmon platters.
Cant wait to go back :))

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed for a night in Vaughans. I chose this B&B above others in the area because we had been in the restaurant last June and loved the food. Firstly the positives- the room was large with a fabulous,comfortable queen size bed. The bathroom was bright and clean. The shower was
strong and hot water plentiful. The tea making facilities and wicker basket with water,nuts and home made cookies was a lovely touch.
Now for the negatives- when I called to book there was only one person on duty and she was manning the bar so she asked me to book online. I did this and it cost €5 per person more (€40 as opposed to €35). We ate in the restaurant in the evening. My daughter asked for plain chicken but we were told there were no chicken available,she asked for plain sausages but was served with herb sausage which were too strongly flavoured for her. I requested Cottage Pie. This was nicely presented on a small saucer but had no accompanying veg. The meat tasted nice but had the consistency of what I can only describe as silage ( for those non farmers among you this is wet grass that is fed to cattle in winter!) it was really offputting. Breakfast the next morning was not much more successful. My daughter wanted fruit- there was none. I asked for 1sausage and tomato, I was given a full irish. When I said I hadn't ordered it the waitress ,who I think might have been the cook said that the waitress who took my order forgot what I had asked for so she decided to give me everything! Felt like a scene from Father Ted:-).
Would I return? Probably not as there are many good restaurants/ B &Bs/ Hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Room 7 at end of corridor facing an untidy back yard but nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liscannor
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
#3 of 5 in Lahinch
Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel

Been to Vaughans Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!