$93
Moher Lodge(Liscannor)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsfishhomemade cookiessteakcrab clawschowderthe pubpork bellyblack puddingate herebltreal pityexcellent restaurantexcellent seafoodwell worth a visitfew drinksa real treatopen fire
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stunning location, friendly staff, excellent food. BUT - In summer, surely heating can be shut down so as not to roast in a room that can't have a window opened owing to outside exhaust fan noise, right outside.
Advertised WiFi unavailable, but in the Irish tradition, the pub next door would be OK!!
The Pub had icy cold Guinness, the restaurant, seafood oriented, was absolutely outstanding, and breakfast excellent.
Parking in the street outside the Hotel was fine.
A good visit spoilt.
Worth trying again though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were looking for a good fish meal but we were disappointed with the evening menu. There is too much mixing and matching which ends up limiting your choice. For example I would have loved a scallops dish but if I chose that dish I would have had to have pig aswell as that was the dish on offer and I would have loved to have the crab claws and crabmeat but that came with a creamy pasta. The fish of the day was battered and the lobster was gone so that left steak, venison or duck. For a fish restaurant I would expect the emphasis to be on fish and not the meats that they can mix in with the fish. I had the venison, it was good but after coming that distance I would have loved to have a pure fish dish as would the rest of our group.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ancreagan
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Really glad we only booked for one night as this was the worst place we stayed in during our 10 days in Ireland. As soon as we entered the bar the fish smell was overwhelming. Picked up our key and there was also a dirty carpet smell in the common living area aswell up the staircase. The rooms were average but the breakfast was very nice and the only good thing about the place. We walked a few doors down for dinner and the prices were alot cheaper than here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank headsie
Reviewed September 13, 2012

On a recent visit to Clare I was so looking forward to a meal in Vaughans - but I was very disappointed with my choice. I ordered Seafood Chowder - What I received was very tasty but with only one or two pieces of seafood in it - I did ask the waitress if she had brought me the Vegetable soup by mistake?
Roasted Monkish was not available so I choose Fish Pie - what a let down.It was dry,salty and definatky not freshly made on the day or indeed the day before!. The Potato topping was also not fresh. Receipt indicated that Vaughans was Pub of the Year 2006 - thats a long time ago, maybe its time your kitchen returned to the standard of that year. I have travelled many miles previously to eat in Vaughans and in the past recommended it to family and friends, but not anymore in fact it is the worst meal I have had in a restaurant for a very long time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Golfer945
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent quaint pub. Very welcoming Arrived late and still managed to feed us on local oysters, a wonderful seafood chowder and pints of Guiness. The room was very comfortable and so quiet. I loved the home made cookies with coffee in the room. Breakfast was really well cooked enhanced by fresh soda bread and homemade jams. Really recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple