$100
$89
Vaughan Lodge(Lahinch)
$178
Falls Hotel & Spa(Ennistymon)
$147
$209
$178
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfishhomemade cookiessteakcrab clawschowderthe pubpork bellyblack puddingate herebltreal pityexcellent restaurantexcellent seafoodwell worth a visitfew drinksa real treatopen fire
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I can't comment on the accommodation but Vaughan's is one of my favourite places to eat.
The food is simply glorious - I go out of my way to go here. It's a real treat.
The bar setting is relaxed and casual so it can be a surprise to be served such a refined beautiful plate of food! I've been here a lot of times and I have never had a bad meal.
Fantastic local seafood + creamy pint of Guinness + open fire = pure heaven :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CB2010
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Room was only OK, it was small and the "ensuite" was terrible. Pictures are nicer than the actual room. Owner was not very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Loveahol2011
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I've been to Vaughans restaurant in Liscannor before, well worth going back.
They have a great reputation for seafood and any time I've been there I have to say that it's TRUE. It's a good idea to reserve a table but at quieter times of the year you could take a chance. The staff are helpful, cheerful and efficient. I can highly recommend Vaughans Anchor Inn in Liscannor, Co. Clare.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We were late enough arriving in Liscannor and decided to eat first in the bar. The food was amazing. I had the Pork which was both a pork loin and pork belly with potato dauphinoise, have to say the pork belly was the best I've ever had wish there was more of it and the dauphinoise was sublime. The BF had the mussels, which I tasted..not to my taste but he really enjoyed them. Also his portion was huge...a big pot full to the brim. The persentation of everything was superb.
We then went to check in, room was really lovely and cosy. Our room was right over the kitchen fans which was quite load but they went off at about 9pm and had been turned on when we left the next morning so did not really bother us.
A really nice touch was the basket they left outside the room door with bewleys tea, cookies, ice and glasses.
Breakfast was also lovely. Would definitely eat/stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Beautiful rooms, soft comfy beds with clean white linen. Homemade cookies served with your tea to your room daily and the best breakfast you can imagine. All this at very, very competetive prices. Everything is homemade, the jams, breads and probably smoke their own salmon. The resturant is very spendy, but the menu looks fantastic and it was full and taking reservations for seating. Wonderful stay and very convenient to the Cliffs of Moher, Doolen, and the beautiful Burren. I hope to return!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends