$93
$99
$103
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Vaughan Lodge(Lahinch)
$177
Falls Hotel & Spa(Ennistymon)
$125
Doolin House(Doolin)
$115
B&B Southwind(Spanish Point)
$102
$92
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfishhomemade cookiessteakcrab clawschowderthe pubpork bellyblack puddingate herebltreal pityexcellent restaurantexcellent seafoodwell worth a visitfew drinksa real treatopen fire
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I stayed here for a weekend with my partner and we thouroughly enjoyed our time here. the rooms are generous in size with comfortable queen and king sized beds and large bathrooms, plenty of closet space too. We were delighted to find a welcome basket brought up to our room which contained some tasty homemake cookies and fresh milk-no uht used here!!!!!!!! There was ample hot water and no shortage of towels either. Staff were very friendly and helpful and we were treated to a large Irish breakfast each morning with some delicious homemade breads to accompany. We also had a mouth-watering meal both nights in the restaurant. A menu which includes delicious Scallops, Monkfish and tasty Liscannor Bay Crab Claws but there is also something for the carnivore with meat dishes including the extremely tender Donald Russell steak and Irish Lamb and of course we had to sample some of the homemade desserts which included a decadent chocolate fondant but best of all a dessert for two with a sample of everything- well worth a try. Over all it was a wonderful experience and defeniately well worth a visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank biscuit001
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have recently spent the weekend in liscannor for a little bit of relaxation, where i came across this place and was blown away .Im a food lover myself and have eaten in many places over the years but this is the best ive ever tasted,the chef gave us pork cheek with potato stuffing as a little taste of what was yet to come,delicious,I had the rabbit to start on a parsnip puree,with foie gras cooked perfectly the whole dish absolutely melted in my mouth.
Then onto the main course lamb cooked in various different ways, everyone a different flavour and texture to create an overall incredible dish.my husband had the steak which came with big chips and a shepherds pie made from 18hour slow cooked beef which i couldnt resist having a bit, its nice to see classical food done right with a bit of creativity thrown in.
I asked the waitress how the pie was done which she was more than happy to explain, it all went a bit over my head but thats why we leave it to the experts i guess.
For the dessert then always my favourite bit ,we were given a small creme brulee while i waited for my luxurious chocolate fondant to be prepared which did not let me down it had the most beautiful ice cream ive ever tasted im sorry that i didnt ask the chef for the recipe but i guess ill save that for the next trip, a great finish to a great start
We stayed inside in the b+b which had rooms as elegant as the food ,all in all it shows that the people who run this place really care and it shows from food to sleeping arrangements, 2nights stay and an evening meal 99 Euro if your thinking of spending a good weekend away this is the place to go to

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank burkemary31
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We had heard lots of our friends raving about Vaughans and the Food in Co Clare, and so my partner and I said we would give it a shot. What a FANTASTIC dining experience. It was fabulous. You need to go there to truly appreciate it - We also stayed there in the B & B which was so comfortable and only E35 each. It looks like the rooms have just been recently refurbished. We had a few drinks after the meal and happily climbed up to bed. What a wonderful hidden Gem in rural Ireland to escpe to that wont break the bank in these recessionary times.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate000_11
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Stayed at Vaughans recently with my husband, and we were very impressed.
The accomadation was as good as any hotel in Ireland that we have stayed in, if not better.The room was beautifully furnished and spotless.
Found the staff all very friendly and welcoming.
The menu had a great selection. Wide variety of seafood dishes.I opted for the fresh halibut which was perfectly cooked. My husband had the steak,which he said was the best he'd ever eaten!
From the homemade breads through to the delicious desserts,and great wine list, we couldn't find fault.
I have no hesitation recommending to all my friends, and we can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kitty7338
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Having been a HUGE fan of the food at Vaughan's for the past 10 years, myself and my friends (all serious foodies) were all VERY disappointed with the limited menu and the un-inviting combination of ingredients presented with their main dishes e.g mixing fish with meat. There was no seafood dish available as a main course, unlike the menu advertised on the web-site. The only main which came close was a dish comprising of scallops, pork belly and black pudding (!), which totally didn’t work. While there were 2 other fish options, they were presented with chorizo and some other adventurous but flavour-clashing ingredients rendering them totally un-appetising. Faced with no seafood option we reluctantly opted for the only seemingly palatable dish on the menu, 'filet' of venison. While the presentation was impressive, the meat , however, was tough and in-edible. When we mentioned this to the waitress she tried to explain to us that this was because there is no fat in a filet (!) ... as if we had never eaten filet before and didn’t know what to expect. We were also told that no-one else had complained but 'if we liked' she would ask the chef for his opinion - again implying that we weren't qualified to judge ourselves! What a pity that this talented chef has lost the run of himself when it comes to his food combinations and that he seems to be above any criticism (a famous Irish Ruby international was asked to leave after complaining about size of steak this summer!) as this restaurant is not renowned for it’s friendly owners or décor.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends