“Same night different experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vaughans Anchor Inn

Vaughans Anchor Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Liscannor
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Pub, Soups
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Same night different experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We also visited on 28 June and as a party of 10 slightly merry golfers who had made a late booking the staff could not have been more polite and helpful. The food was every bit as good as the night before when 12 of us were treated to the best seafood any of us have ever had. Try the shellfish platter for 2-truly amazing at a very reasonable price. I don't know what went wrong with the previous reviewers evening but I felt I had to post this to offer some balance.

4 Thank Teddingtontourist

Clinton, Ohio
“little restaurant, big flavors!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had the fish and chips! Wonderful! So light. My daughter had the steak and she said it was the best steak she ever ate! We spent the night there also, so we had breakfast the next morning! Service and selection was amazing! Don't miss this - it would be easy to drive right by!

2 Thank Juls1770
Aigle, Switzerland
“A smile should come from the heart - don't look for a genuine smile here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

On Saturday evening, 28.06.14, my friends and I made our way to Vaughans for a meal ( I have eaten here in more than one occasion). We had booked for 5 people and at the last minute we ended up being 6. We were greeted with what I can only describe as hostility by Susane the maître d' who basically told us "if you want to eat, you will have to eat outside, take it or leave it" while I understand that restaurants get busy, there is no excuse for rude service. It stank of - can't you see we are packed - we don't need your business. I was accompanied by Friends from South Africa, Switzerland and Co Clare, who were shocked and somewhat embarrassed to be spoken to in this way. Vaughans gets good trade 4 months of the year( so they told us), and can't cope with the volume. This is no excuse for rude behavior towards customers. If it was the last restaurant in Clare I would not return. I do not want to eat in a restaurant that leaves such a bitter taste.... We ended up eating in the local fish and chip shop, which will receive a fantastic review from me in another post.

8 Thank ollon
Devon
“Delicious Food in Wonderful Environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

This pub is in the lovely village of Liscannor and offers an interesting and varied menu at a reasonable price. The staff were very helpful. There is an 'early bird' menu up until just before 6 p.m.

1 Thank Golfredroc
Glasgow
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Found it by accident after walking the Cliffs. The chowder was delicious with wonderful chunks of fish served with really fresh baked bread. My friend had the lobster and crab salad, which she said was one of the best shellfish meals she has ever eaten and she is a devotee of shellfish and is really choosy about her food.. I had possibly the best lamb I have eaten, which cut like butter by tasted superb, not overcooked. The quantity was astonishing, given the quality (they rarely combine). In fact if you look at the bookshelves while waiting for your meal you can see where the great cooking come from, it was the best cooks library I have seen in a long while which is wonderful as the chef is prepared to evolve. I presume given the comments from others it does depend on the catch. But my experience was wonderful

I am definitely bringing my husband back here.

• Visited June 2014