“Simply wonderful”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Found it by accident after walking the Cliffs. The chowder was delicious with wonderful chunks of fish served with really fresh baked bread. My friend had the lobster and crab salad, which she said was one of the best shellfish meals she has ever eaten and she is a devotee of shellfish and is really choosy about her food.. I had possibly the best lamb I have eaten, which cut like butter by tasted superb, not overcooked. The quantity was astonishing, given the quality (they rarely combine). In fact if you look at the bookshelves while waiting for your meal you can see where the great cooking come from, it was the best cooks library I have seen in a long while which is wonderful as the chef is prepared to evolve. I presume given the comments from others it does depend on the catch. But my experience was wonderful

I am definitely bringing my husband back here.

• Visited June 2014

Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I loved everything about this place - apart from the prices! Husband and I both had hake, which was absolutely delicious. Watching plates of seafood piled high on layers of ice pass by was envy-making, but we promised ourselves a return visit one day.

Visited June 2014
Ennis, Ireland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had been to Vaughan's about a month ago for Sunday lunch and were looking forward to going back. We both had the chowder, which had gone a bit more vegetable than before. It would be nice to see more seafood in that chowder. However, the flavour was excellent. On our last visit we saw a couple of lobster salads coming out and they looked great and the comments from the diners were very positive. However, I did not get that on Sunday. It looked ok, and there was an aftertaste on the crab claws. I told the guy behind the bar who said that he would 'bring it to the attention of the kitchen'. What about me?? This is no way to handle a complaint. I was very disappointed. If the meal is not up to the usual standard, why should I pay the usual price. It's not good enough to have mixed standards.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank M W
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Poor service and seafood chowder not up to the hype”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stopped in for lunch based on a recommendation for their seafood chowder. It was like pulling teeth to get a server to take our order. Had to flag her down anytime we wanted anything - drink order, food order, check - never a single time did she come by the table voluntarily to check if we needed anything. Guinness and seafood chowders for each. Then, decided we wanted to share the crab salad, too. Because we split that, even though we ordered our own items, they added a 3.50 splitting charge on our bill! We had much better seafood chowders throughout Ireland, not sure the hype over this one.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Valerie D
“Excellent food !”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We were a party of 5 ,all had seafood which was very fresh and tasty,extremely good quality. Desert for two was very well made and presented.