“rude owner”

Ranked #1 of 8 Liscannor B&B and Inns
Antigonish, Canada
“rude owner”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

we booked this place by accident when searching trip advisor for places in Doolin. This one came up as listed in Doolin but is actually about 30 minutes away, on the other side of the Cliffs. When we realized this and called them to cancel, the owner was VERY rude and basically gave me hell on the phone. Do NOT stay here. This was the only person in Ireland who was rude to us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rocco010, Owner at Atlantic View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
I’m so disappointed in the person who felt I was rude, because I NEVER met her in person nor she NEVER stayed at my establishment. She considered me rude when I explained the policy of the online booking site she used. That site clearly states that “if the booking is later than 2 days prior to arrival or in the case of a no show, 100% of the first night will be charged. So when she decided to cancel her reservation the evening of her expected arrival (approx. 6 p.m.), I told her politely to contact the company as it was their policy to cancel the reservation and not the proprietor. I also explained to her the cancellation policy. I’m sorry she made the mistake of booking the wrong B&B which by the way is only a 10 minute drive from my location. My site states that I’m situated very close to the Cliffs-of-Moher and not Doolin. I’m also so sorry that she was upset by this, but the fact is in this case the policy was waived in her favour.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very friendly owner, tasty breakfasts and a nice view of the countryside together with clean and comfortable rooms. Great peaceful location that allows quick access to the Cliffs of Moher coastal path.
Zandi

Room Tip: great views of the countryside to the south.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Enjoyed our visit. Mary was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Very clean and comfortable setting. Breakfast was very hearty and there were a lot of choices. Would recommend for couples or families. Close drive to Cliffs of Moher or Doolin.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff J
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This B&B is in a pretty and tranquil location from where you can walk to the Cliffs of Moher (and so save on the parking fees!). It’s perhaps a half hour walk uphill, along a small road, track and then across a field to join the busy coastal path. The visitor centre is then a kilometre to the right, and the headland is a couple of hours’ walk to the left. You can then return to the B&B via quiet roads between green fields, with views down to the bay. There is wifi in the B&B although the reception is not so fast or reliable everywhere. For breakfast there is a choice of either a cooked breakfast or fruit and yogurt (and other choices too, which I forget…). The host is very sociable and chatty, though whether you can understand her or not depends on whether you can tune your ears in to a pretty broad Irish accent! We had 2 different rooms as we stayed a second night after originally booking for only 1 night. Both rooms were spacious with views across the garden, fields and down to the bay in the distance. If you book to stay here, don’t be confused with another ‘Atlantic View’ B&B at Doolin, just over the hill. It was good that the lady gave us the GPS coordinates as they did help to find the place, although there are signposts to it off the main road. She gets quite a lot of passing tourists as it’s just off the main road for the Cliffs of Moher.

Room Tip: Ideally one of the larger ones at either end of the corridor upstairs
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarionBurkimsher
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Mary is very kind. I arrived too late to be able to get dinner anywhere so Mary made me some wonderful sandwiches when I arrived. The view is fantastic. There's a great view of both the ocean and the countryside. The property and the house are both beautiful and the room was very clean and comfortable. If you're coming out to the cliffs or just want a nice peaceful stay then I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013
Merselo, Limburg, Netherlands
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a lovely B&B very close to the Cliffs of Moher; just less then a half an hour walk - and you're there. Mary is very hospital and friendly, and makes sure you're feeling very welcome and comfortable. You can ask her whenever and whatever you want. If you plan for a day to visit the Cliffs - I can highly recommend you this B&B, it's great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a great choice for staying close to the Cliffs of Moher. Mary is very friendly and offered us coffee upon arriving, and she was very friendly and welcoming throughout the course of our stay. She also asked us our breakfast preferences the night before and remembered them the next morning (and breakfast was quite tasty -- I loved my fruit plate, and my husband had a tasty Irish breakfast). The inn itself is very clean and the kitchen had just been remodeled when we arrived. We were also very impressed with the proximity to the Cliffs, which was our main reason for journeying out to County Clare -- the Cliffs are literally a mile and a half up the road. We were very pleased with our choice to stay at the Atlantic View.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liscannor
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
Aran View Country House
Atlantic Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
#3 of 5 in Lahinch

Been to Atlantic View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!