After years working in the desert I cannot believe I actually paid to sleep in a tent. But that's unfair. These tents have a bathroom and showers and fabulous sunset views.
They also have a nice bar on site and a refreshing plunge pool. Particularly refreshing since it was the African winter.
You can get food at the main resort restaurant but that would involve driving. You can, if you arrive before 4pm also order a whole bunch of raw ingredients to be brought from the restaurant (including game meat - we had oryx, kudu and impala) along with BBQ wood and cook your own. I urge you do do just this. The quantities of food are astronomical and so, for half the price of a catered meal, we got enough food and cooking fuel to last us the final three days of our trip. All delivered direct to your tent.
The accommodation itself is close to the dunes national park which is probably why you're here in the first place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desert Camp is situated only 5 km from the entrance gate to Sossusvlei and Sesriem Canyon in the Namib Naukluft Park. Nestled under centuries old thorn trees, Desert Camp offers an unsurpassed view over the desert landscape and surrounding mountains. The 20 affordable, self-catering accommodation units under canvas are equipped with an en-suite bathroom, shaded veranda with a fitted kitchenette, barbeque, power points and an adjacent parking area. Each twin-bedded bedroom features a fold-out sleeper couch where 2 small children (under 12) can be accommodated for free when sharing with their parents. Facilities at the main building include a fully stocked and serviced bar with big screen television, a sparkling swimming pool and 2 communal boma-areas which are perfect for groups travelling together. Fresh food supplies can be ordered daily at reception. Meals can be enjoyed at the nearby Sossusvlei Lodge restaurant. Exciting desert activities like Guided Excursions to Sossusvlei, Quad Biking, Sundowner Drives and magnificent Scenic Flights over the dunes and coast can be booked at the Sossusvlei Lodge Adventure Centre. A fully stocked shop, fuel and an Internet cafe is available at the Sossus Oasis Service Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Desert Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sossusvlei Desert Camp Hotel Sossusvlei
- Desert Camp Sossusvlei, Namibia - Namib-Naukluft Park