“Unforgettable Holiday House!”
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Front Terrace
The Cliff House from the hill behind it
The front porch and the sea, looking west
View from the kitchen to the living room
Kitchen
The kitchen at night
Sunset with Stromboli, from the terrace
Master Bedroom in main house
Guest House 2- Interior
Guest House 2- Interior
Swimming Pool
Swimming Pool
The pool, the sea, and Stromboli on the horizon
Dinner on the Terrace
The terrace at sunset
Front Porch at Twilight
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Elisa P
Toronto, Canada
“Unforgettable Holiday House!”
Reviewed April 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2015

Our family stayed at the Cliff house in July of 2015 and had a wonderful time. We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary while we stayed, and the local priest Don Pasquale came and delivered a memorable ceremony for us and our friends and family. The dinner on the patio was incredible and Anna, the housekeeper we hired to prepare the meal, was fabulous. The owner of the property Alessandra was a huge help in making our holiday and 10 year moment magical. Our children 4, 6 and 8 years of age loved the grounds, pool and the private beach was unbelievable. We would highly recommend this property for your vacation- the views second to none, the grounds and staff impeccable and the beach was absolutely breathtaking. We will definitely be back. Thank you Alessandra and all the staff for making our family vacation and 10 year anniversary unforgettable.

Liked best: Property and Views
Liked least: 500 steps to the beach (but they grew on me)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Karra M
Houston, Texas
“The Cliff House is a Great Place to Enjoy Calabria”
Reviewed September 25, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My husband and I enjoyed the Cliff House so much the first time that we went back this past summer for a second time. Two years later it was just as we remembered it. The accommodations are perfect. The kitchen and outdoor barbecue are great for homemade meals. The view with the Tyrrhenian Sea's breeze is both amazing and relaxing. The first year we went in late May, so the water was a bit too cool to enjoy, so we spent a lot of time at the house enjoying the view. I usually never read on vacation but that year I read two books, which spoke to the time we spent just enjoying the calming effects of the sea from an unbeatable view. This year we went in August, and it was hot, so we enjoyed the private beach daily, followed by the pool, as a dip in it was quite necessary after the hike back from the beach. Don't let the steps intimidate you, the cove is so worth it. By the second day my husband and I had the plan down. We went to the local store and bought a cooler, snorkel gear, umbrella, beach mats, water booties and took it all with us the following days. Under an umbrella we enjoyed wine and sandwiches on the beach, and when we got hot, we snorkeled. From the cove there are so many colorful fish, snorkeling is a must. The first visit we totally missed that aspect of the home, but am glad we were able to fully enjoy it this last time.
As far as the owner I have all praise for Alessandra!! She is the perfect host. I feel like I have known her for years, and I guess I have, since we first inquired about the property and area in 2012. Seriously, though, even then, she felt like an old friend. We are e-mail pals! Alessandra quickly responds and always provides great insight, advice, and whether it is prior to your arrival or while you are there, she is available and willing to help in any way she can. This past visit to accommodate our family we had to rent another property, and she happily provided recommendations and made the introductions.
This home is a must! If you want to see a beautiful part of Calabria, then this is the place to stay. It is clean, chic, comfortable, private, and have I mentioned the view?! We loved going to the local markets and picking up fresh produce, local cheeses and meats, and the fish market is outstanding. I could have gone there every day. Coming from the U.S. we enjoy Italy's fresh food, and when you have a great place to cook and enjoy it, the vacation is that much nicer.

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Miro_Kuce...
Belgrade
“One of the very rare places where your relax is not spoiled by any compromise”
Reviewed October 4, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Of all the places which I have visited in my quest for an unmarred relax, the Cliff House is special in its unassuming, leisurely perfection.

It is part of a closed compound that shields you from any disrepair or spoilsome sights. Everything is well maintained, regularly watered, cleaned, arranged - yet with sufficient casualty so as not to make you feel oppressed by tidiness and order.

The layout is meticulously ergonomic - everything is close at hand, lots of seating and tables to allow you sense of personal space and comfort. Every place and corner are convenient to sit in, with lots of cushions and cuddliness - it is a pleasure just to wander around, sit here, there, look around, breathe, and think.

While the house gives sense of rustic fadedness, in no way it comes at the expense of convenience. Everything is fully equipped, plenty of kitchen utensils and advanced tools (cocktail set, dishwasher, nespresso machine), three wifi networks in the area, rich selection of books in multiple languages, sufficient tap/shower water pressure. Impeccable housekeeping service which includes optional cooking of hearty, authentic Calabrese cuisine, customized to your tastes - chapeau bas to Anna and her unassuming excellence.

The infinity-styled swimming pool is well designed, it accommodates broad stroked swimming or chilling out with friends and cocktail in hand, watching sun set over Stromboli. It provides much needed refreshment after climbing up those 400-some stairs back from the pristine beach below (usually empty all day long save 5-6 people, end of September), collecting ripe opuncia fruit on the way and chasing omnipresent geckos. The underwater lights allow for night swimming and watching stars high in the sky.

A perfectionist can always spot a thing or two to improve in Cliff House but it does not detract from the overall experience. Villages in the immediate vicinity (beyond Capo Vaticano itself and Tropea, which is a hopeless tourist trap, with all bling and no substance) are small, sleepy, and with excellent espresso for those who failed to stock up on nespresso capsules in advance. There are significant differences among the supermarkets in the area - heed Anna's advice on where to shop.

Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
OCearbhai...
“Amazing Location”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

When one books a holiday rental/villa,it's always a bit of a lottery as to whether it turns out as you think it will. Well,in the case of Cliff House,we would nearly have to give it 11 out of 10 for location. That view from the front of the house every morning is fairly stunning. While it is not isolated,having other properties located near it,I would have to say that it is very private & peaceful. The main house,while not modern,has a lovely charm & is very comfortable. The gardens were beatifully landscaped & well kept. The pool just located to rear of the house is lovely also,& while narrow,is quite long & good for swimmers. There was very little to gripe about really,but we would have liked some nice big wine glasses,as opposed to the small ones available. Also the electricity,when cooking,can be a bit dodgy,however I gather this is not unique to Cliff House but applies to the whole surrounding region. Notwithstanding these 2 little gripes,Cliff House is a gem & I would wholeheartedly recommend it. We had a lovely relaxing week there,& had some gorgeous in house dinners,washed down by some delicious wines.What's to complain about?

TX
Reviewed April 24, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Management Response
Apr 24, 2014
As owner, I really enjoyed these guests, I spoke with several of them over the course of their stay and they were all wonderful. The main reason for my calls was to help them locate a piece of luggage that their airline had lost on the trip over, which required many calls to the airline, to the airport, to the courier and to my local manager. But I was happy to help them even though it had nothing to do with the rental, and was especially happy when the luggage was finally delivered.

I suppose the score of 4 instead of 5 is due to an electrical problem we had in one of the guest houses. Over the winter some water had got into the wiring and it kept tripping. I had electricians go and check on it even on Sunday, and the problem was largely contained, even though a more permanent solution required work that could not be done while the house was occupied. This problem has now been fixed.

Hopefully we'll be able to restore our perfect score within this season!

Alessandra
amsterdam
Reviewed May 23, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Solihull
Reviewed August 23, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing