Myself & my wife have just returned from a 3 night stay at Mount Wolseley. Upon arriving at the hotel to check in it looked wonderful from the outside and just as impressive on the inside. We presented ourselves at the desk and were met by a very serious looking receptionist who could do with improving her customer care. Firstly the greeting was very robotic and cold with no eye contact, while we were being dealt with the phone rang at least 4 times and was answered each time by the receptionist. But we would not let that dampen our sprits and went to our room which was quite nice & pleasing. The bed was comfortable but as with other reviews the pillows could be more sleeper frendly, the bathroom was excellent and the tv has more than 2 stations so I would not pay any attention to previous untruths about this. The hotel is strangely located in a very very quiet town which has not got much to offer so if you intend to stay and go on the town this is not the right choice however if you want to relax it is perfect. The hotel seemed to be very busy with young couples meeting the wedding team we must have seen at least 10-15 couples in the 3 days we were there. The bar is nice but not the place if you want to catch a game on tv however they did show the Leinster game on the friday night which was great but you wouldnt be jumping about cheering on your team it would not fit in. The bar food was ok noting to scream home about but on the friday night we went to Fredricks and this is fine dining at its best after having our food I thought Gordon Ramsey was going to come out and ask us how are food was, service here was excellent and we really felt spoiled by the dining staff. The health club was great has a lot of good equipment and on our first day we enjoyed the pool and the spa area but unfortinitly the second day after working out we went to the pool where there was a young family in the water one being a infant and as I was about to decend the steps noticed a piece of dipper floating towards me so I quickly left the area and had to make do with the sauna & steam room. Nice time I would stay again but would not be rushing down the N81 to get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On entering The Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort guests receive a warm personal welcome. In every way Mount Wolseley has been designed to compliment the history of the site and the beauty of its location. Stunning landscapes are visible from every room. From the grand staircase, sparkling chandeliers to the glistening Italian marble floors this hotel was designed for luxury. Reinvigorate your spirit in the Wolseley Spa, test your skills on the challenging golf course or simply spend a leisurely afternoon curled up with a good book in your spacious bedroom. Surrender yourself to this splendid resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa And Country Club
- Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Country Club Hotel Tullow
- Mount Wolseley Hotel Country
- Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort Tullow, Ireland - County Carlow