“Wonderful experience!”

Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tullow
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in the 'O' suite here. Don't think I'll do the room justice with this review. It exceeded all expectations!

The design of the suite is very clever...the mini-gym was a great touch along with the power shower (nozzles at EVERY level!)

The main bathroom itself was beautifully designed with a jet stream bath also. The layout of the room makes for lazy mornings and early evenings...the hinged television bracket gives the option to the 'early riser' or the 'night owl' without disturbing your partner.

The bed itself (curtains a great touch) was extremely comfortable and HUGE! The room service was of an excellent standard and staff only too accommodating with our wishes.

Upon arrival at the hotel, reception staff were very attentive and professional, blended with a friendly warmth not usually experienced in remote hotels.

The food in the restaurant was top class and I would almost travel to Tullow again just to taste their menu!

All in all...I have travelled to many parts of the world (am catching up with my tripadvisor reviews!) and to find this gem of a hotel and suite on my own doorstep is fantastic. I will definitely be staying here again and highly recommend it to other users.

I am not a golfer and this should not turn down other non-golfers from staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Splash out on the O suite..you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MountWolseley, Owner at Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us here at Mount Wolseley.

It was an absolute pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for all your kind words & wonderful feedback regarding your stay.

It is always a pleasure to see our Guests leaving happy and we thank you for taking time out of your day to share this.

Please do consider coming back again sometime soon, we would be only too delighted to welcome you back to us here at Mount Wolseley.

All the very best and enjoy continued good travels.

Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Country Club

Write a ReviewReviews (1,313)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

During our recent stay in Ireland we had dinner in the bar at this lovely hotel. We have been coming here to eat for many years during our visits to Ireland. Once again the food was delicious and very filling the menus are new since we were here last year with some new dishes as well as old favourites.

Staff were lovely and service good the food is good value for money and my only dislike is the big flat screen televisions in the bar but where I sat they were not in eye view and the sound was turned down!

Overall another great meal

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Ian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback during your recent stay with us here at Mount Wolseley.

We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us again and we very much thank you for visiting us every time you return to Ireland and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

All the best in the future,

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in January for 1 night and had dinner, breakfast and half day spa package. The hotel is beautiful with lots of potential but a few little things let it down for us. The staff were lovely in the restaurant but didn't know the contents of our dishes and were setting up for breakfast as we ate dinner.. This was very annoying. The spa was again really lovely but there was only one water fountain in the relaxation room. This was something I was shocked by having been to a number of spas now - it meant a lot of traffic in the room. We both had the balneotherapy which was very intense. No water was left with me and there was no water fountain near by when I came out of the room and I felt very drained for a few minutes.
The bedroom was fab but again a little thing, our bed was two beds pushed together and there was a big ridge in the middle. We hadn't realised this until we went to bed. All in all, the staff are lovely and the hotel is lovely but it needs to work on a few things before I'd choose to go back.
I did write a review on the customer feedback form but heard no response. Hopefully my comments were taken on board as I don't like to say negative things.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sarah,

Thank very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us here at Mount Wosleley Hotel.

It was a welcome to read that overall you were happy with your stay but the few small things that let us down cannot be ignored and it was disappointing to read your upset with regard to your experience in Frederick Restaurant but more particularly the issue which arose following your balneotherapy treatment. I must sincerely apologise for this oversight on our behalf, truly sorry that we did not place further emphasis to this matter before now.

Please be assured that everything was addressed immediately and your comments have been extremely helpful and again, I must apologise for the errors in our way and we are very grateful to you for your feedback .

We do hope you will consider returning to us again sometime soon and all the best in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Went for a weekend spa break with my sister.
Firstly it is well signed around Carlow and Tullow which makes it easy to find.
Rooms are very comfortable and clean.
The spa was outstanding. Lots of choice and ultimately relaxing. The relaxation suite has good options of refreshments and music in the private pods.
Food here is beyond amazing! Thoroughly enjoyed the choice for lunch, dinner and breakfast. Staff are dry professional and well trained.
Cocktail bar is a great addition!
Overall I will certainly recommend and return!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank CazSIreland

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for giving us a detailed account regarding same. Every aspect has been taken on board and we must commend our team for all their efforts here as well.

We do hope you will consider booking another trip to visit us here at Mount Wolseley again sometime soon.

My regards to you and your sister and all the very best in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have two young children and from the drive up this hotel felt special. A real feeling of luxury with fantastic staff throughout the highlight had to be the restaurant that somehow managed to achieve the balance of feeling like a real treat of a meal AND being child friendly. The childrens menu veers away from the usual "hamburger and chips" to offer a healthier, better alternative while still being child friendly. A great experience and I will definatively return, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank busaiano

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us here at Mount Wolseley.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and thank you for all your kind words.

My regards to you and all your family and all the very best as well in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just back from a brilliant week end . 30th birthday celebrations with family including young children. Stagg and facilities very friendly and helpful and the effort on the part of the hotel staff to make sure we had a memorable time was impressive.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and very comfortable but for a touch of luxury Book a suite
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Anne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us here at Mount Wosleley and we were delighted to see you all had a wonderful time.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Mount Wolseley again sometime soon.

All the best,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel! From the minute we booked it, the staff wer amazing. We stayed in the Presidential suite, absolutely fabulous room! So spacious and luxurious I could have stayed for a long time! It is very clean and well kept.

The food in the bar was gorgeous and the staff there were brilliant, very efficient, friendly and helpful. It was very very busy there and they still didn't flinch, everything was super.

During booking and since then, Magda especially was a very helpful member of staff, she was truly brilliant!

The staff on reception were more than helpful and so pleasant.

There is a beautiful boutique in the hotel, I have an event coming up this year and I will be back to there for something to wear for definite! Another excuse to visit such a great hotel.

The breakfast was very well laid out and everything was plentiful, with great choice. We also had cocktails at the cocktail bar which is lovely so comfortable.

I used the spa on Saturday morning another truly wonderful experience and the pool in the leisure centre a great experience too.

There is truly nothing to be faulted with this hotel everything was fantastic, we had the most amazing, relaxing break, the hotel, the golf club (my other half tells me ;)), facilities and staff are all amazing.

I can only highly recommend this hotel and would find it difficult to even visit another hotel after this!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Firslty my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your feedback.

It was a pleasure to read your kind words and we are truly delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. So many enjoyable aspects mentioned and we sincerely thank you for taking the time to share these with us.

We did make sure to commend Magda on her efforts and all the team as well.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Mount Wolseley again soon.

All the best,

Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Country Club

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullow
Lyrath Estate
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village
Woodford Dolmen Hotel

Been to Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!