“Luxury at value for money prices”

Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tullow
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary this weekend. Stayed on their one night B&B with dinner package which I have to say was amazing value. We arrived early to use the leisure facilities and didnt expect our room to be ready but were one was given to us straight away! (thanks to the lovely receptionist, it was a lovely touch and not expected)
The leisure facilities are really lovely with helpful staff and good clean changing rooms and public areas etc. Didnt use the gym but it looked good.
Spent a relaxing afternoon in Aaron's Lounge and had lunch (fresh and tasty and arrived quickly) and a few drinks. That night we had dinner in Fredericks Restaurant. The menu and food quality (and presentation) were excellent and while it wasnt very busy it didnt lack an atmosphere. The restaurant manager on the night was lovely and really engaging company. As a special touch for our anniversary celebration he gave us a complimentary bottle of white wine which we thought was a lovely touch.
The rooms are really really good. A large size with a huge bed and are very nicely decorated and finished.
All in all I would return in the morning to the hotel. It was quiet but we stayed on a sunday night so we expected that anyway but it didnt lack atmosphere.
Also a mention to Magda in reservations - so helpful and a lovely lady that is very good at her job.

Room Tip: Any of them are good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MountWolseley, Owner at Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly my sincere apologies for not responding to your comments sooner.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback, we very much appreciate all comments and in particular when we have another satisfied Guest.

It really is great to hear that our Restaurant Manager acknowledged your Anniversary as well, that to which I must do so as well. A belated Happy 2nd Anniversary, we are delighted you choose to stay with us here at Mount Wolseley.

We will of course pass on your kind words about our Restaurant Manager & Magda in Reservations as well.

Wishing you both all the best in the future and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again sometime soon.

Kinds Regards,

There are newer reviews for Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Myself and three friends went on a golfing outing and we decided to have lunch in the lounge of Mount Woseley. We had to seat ourselves and then ask a passing girl for a menu. I don't think the staff even noticed us come in. The menu had a good choice and we were all able to choose something, which is hard to do as we all have very different tastes. However the service let this place down immensely. We had to again grab the attention of a passing girl whose response "ok I'll send someone over". We ordered our food and some drinks while we waited. 20 minutes went by and our drinks empty. One of my friends walked up to the bar in order to order more drinks. another 15 minutes went passed and not one waitress had approached our table. There were no apologies or checking in on us. I had the feeling they had forgotten us completely. Eventually after 40 minutes of waiting did our orders arrive to the table. The presentation looked good, however two of my friends both their lunch orders were wrong. they had both specifically asked for certain requirements which the waitress had noticed and written down on her book. and there was no "sorry your food was delayed" by the girl who brought it. we asked a waitress to take back the wrong orders which they just took and rushed into the kitchen with. their orders arrived back not too long after. however one of the orders was wrong again. as you can tell this was extremely frustrating to our group.

the food was lovely and tasty and this was the only good point about the lunch. the service let it down immensely and this is a pity. we will not be returning until staff get an attitude improvement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MrsUnaB

Dear Una,

Firstly my sincere apologies for not responding to your comments sooner.

It is with great disappointment that I was left reading your feedback to which, I can only sincerely apologise.

It really is very disheartening to see how you and your friends were taken care of and the delays experienced and the food as well. I discussed all your comments in great detail with all the team at the time as we simply cannot afford to be receiving such negative feedback and I can assure you we have done and will continue to do everything to ensure this does not happen again.

If someday, you might consider returning to us here at Mount Wolseley, please do ask for myself or if you would like to discuss the matter any further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel on 059 91 80100.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback & sincerest apologies once again.

Wishing you all the best in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed at the hotel as part of a 1 day work conference in September. As one of the organisers of the conference I was very involved in the set up & running of the day. The hotel is well appointed with lovely rooms, spacious & comfortable conference facilities & great dining facilities. All the staff were extremely helpful, obliging and friendly - nothing was too much trouble and they went the extra mile to ensure that all our needs were looked after & the conference went without a hitch. I would strongly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back in both a work and personal capacity.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MountWolseley, Owner at Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Firstly, I must apologise for not responding to your email sooner.

We cannot thank you enough for giving us your feedback regarding your recent one day conference with us. This business, like every other element of our business is hugely important to us and it is imperative that we get it right and it is great to hear we have done so with your good self.

We do hope that you will book with us again sometime soon and please do not hesitate to ask for myself should you wish to discuss anything in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here Thursday 5th sept for family wedding , check in was great staff lovely, put the bags up in the rooms but never checked the beds which is a thing I normally do but in my haste to get down to see all the family I over looked it . Big mistake. Upon checking the beds later that night my bed was fine but my daughters bed in her room had clean sheets put over a urine stayed mattress protector , as I had a few drinks I did not want to be seen making a fuss at that hour, removed protector and sheet used only top sheet . Said it at reception next morning girl apologised said it should not have happened and dismissed it by moving on to talk about the wedding, that said the food was lovely could not fault it , service great sad that housekeeping let them down so badly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Caroline,

Firstly, I must apologise for not responding to your email sooner.

Your comments which I read at the time of posting, very much shocked me and this was dealt with immediately with our Housekeeping team. While it was lovely to hear you enjoyed the wedding, we simply cannot shy away from the issue at which you experienced and we can only thank you for bringing this to our attention and can only but sincerely apologise.

We do hope you may consider visiting us again in light of this situation.

Wishing you all the best in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed, as a group of 12, midweek in Mount Wolseley. Booking in was fine, rooms were excellent and cleanliness of the hotel is excellent. However the service we had to endure at both dinner (in the bar) and breakfast was unbelievably inept, and rude at best. Our starters took 40 minutes to come, with no explanation or apology. The 2 female waiting staff were extremely sour and made no effort whatsoever. To top it all off our bill was dropped on the table, without it being requested, as we began our desserts (one of which never appeared).

Breakfast the next morning proved no better. Our order was not taken for over 20 minutes, and when it eventually came 20 minutes later it was a disaster. Half the orders were incorrect with food missing that had been ordered. We were not the only table with problems and the whole service was a shambles. 4 Star service? More like Fawlty towers

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank wcolfer

Firstly, I must apologise for not responding to your email sooner.

It was extremely disappointing to read your comments and I can only apologise for the issue you experienced during your stay with us.

We pride ourselves in providing the highest standard of product & service at all times & based on your comments, we appear to have got this very wrong.

We addressed all your comments at the time of posting to ensure this never happens again as we simply cannot afford such negative feedback from our Guests.

Again, my sincere apologies and hopefully someday, you may consider visiting us again being that we have placed a lot of emphasis on improving as aspects of your comments.

All the best,

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Rooms were a great size, very very clean! From reception staff to cleaner to restaurant staff, every Hotel could learn something from Mount Wolseley Staff members. They treat their customers with a respect that is rarely seen in today's world. The Spa and massage services are first class, if you want to relax, you cant afford to miss out on this. Overall this hotel is 10/10 for me, A must stay for anyone in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevengquinn
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We returned to this Hotel last week-end for a brief getaway break to finish off the summer holidays! Check-in was efficient even though the reception staff were busy with wedding guests checking in! Our bedroom was large and very spacious with air conditioning which you don't find in many Hotels. The high tea for children at 5.30pm and then a movie till 9pm is perfect and very well organised and supervised. Hubby and I enjoyed a nice drink in the bar before heading into the dining room for dinner. What a treat! The food was just excellent, staff were so attentive, the restaurant was quite busy and had a lovely atmosphere. All Mums and Dads deserve this precious time together and to be reassured that the children are happy too and well looked after. This is a big bonus for families booking a Hotel getaway. I highly recommend this Hotel...you won't be disappointed. Excellently run by Manager Mr Gerry Lavin.

Room Tip: If you require a room with a walk-in shower, room 220 is the one to book. Very spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullow
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Seven Oaks Hotel
Seven Oaks Hotel
#3 of 5 in Carlow
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!