“WOW AMAZING”

Woodlands Falconry and Bird of Prey Centre.
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Tullow
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My girlfriend and i attended the falconry 2 hour lesson which included a hands on forest walk with Martha (Harris Hawk).
We were made feel very welcome, its amazing to see all the birds of prey up close. Owls/Hawks/Falcons/Eagles and more.
At the start of the 2 hour lesson we were walked around the various birds and given information about each one and also allowed to handle few of them.
We were then all provided with a glove for holding the birds. We were taken down into the forest area nearby and you got to see the awesome spectacle of such a big agile bird coming from tree tops/out of the trees and landing on your hand. The walk takes about an hour so there is plenty of opportunity to get handling the Harris Hawk.
I paid 75 euro for myself and my girlfriend to attend the 2 hour lesson which was a deal on at that time.................it was worth every penny, i would have happily paid more.

Definitely worth visiting and we hope to return again!

2  Thank wooger87

Reviewed September 18, 2012

What a great day, this is hands on and the birds of prey are amazing.
I got to hold the Golden Eagle and the Eagle Owl, I also went on a forrest walk
with a Harris Hawk, to see this bird fly from tree to tree and then come back to you
is the best.
You will see owls, falcons, hawks, golden eagle from all around the world on display
Tom and Carol, the owners, will make sure you do as much as possible and are great at their jobs. You will come away knowing a lot about all of the birds at the Falconry.

2  Thank adoDublin