My wife and I have been staying regularly at Churchtown House for nigh on 20 years now, and have got to know Austin & Patricia Cody quite well. But the real reason why we've always stayed there on our journeys to and from Ireland is because of it's convenient situation, but principally because of it's peace and comfort. It's a Georgian (I think..!) manor house, tastefully furnished with antiques by the Codys, but with modern facilities - each bedroom has TV and tea/coffee making facilities, and above all, comfortable beds..!! The bathrooms are of adequite size, with plenty of hot water at all times.
The grounds are quite large, amounting to a few acres, with numerous park-type benches dotted around, so one can relax with a book under the shade of the trees
Breakfasts are Irish and sumptious (and will be provided for the early ferry travellers), but dinners are no longer available - however, there are a number of pubs and other eating places not far away, details of which the Codys will willingly supply, so guests will never go hungry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Churchtown House is a beautiful and historic 18th Century Queen Anne style Country Guesthouse set in eight and a half acres of parkland style gardens. The building, the garden and the wonderful location combine to mak it a wondefully relaxing and evocative place to stay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Churchtown House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Churchtown Hotel Rosslare
- Churchtown House Ireland/Rosslare - Tagoat