My wife and I are seniors and spent a wonderful week at Schloss Elmau in November celebrating a milestone birthday.We have been to other European spa resorts, and this is perhaps the best. The week certainly exceeded our high expectations!
We enjoyed everything--the spa, the pools, the relaxation rooms,the yoga classes and walks(my wife) and the exercise room(me), the classical music concert, and the very fresh and delicious food. The decor of the resort was very striking to us and very personal to the founder of the resort. We also enjoyed a number of conversations with other guests, who were mostly German. The resort even had a delicious chocolate birthday cake in the room for me upon arrival!
What was just as important to us was how friendly, helpful, and attentive the staff was to our needs. I have some medical issues, and the staff seemed to do whatever they could to make my stay as pleasant as possible. This included transferring me to a more comfortable room given my condition.
The setting of the resort is breath-taking--and we especially enjoyed the heated outdoor pool when the snow was falling.
Our only real complaint was that there was only one classical music concert scheduled for the week of our stay--because of a German literary festival(and we don't speak German). We do hope to return , though, and will do a better job of our scheduling so we can enjoy more of the music.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE SCHLOSS ELMAU EXPERIENCE Discerning globetrotters not only enjoy the magic location of Schloss Elmau in probably the most beautiful sanctuary of the Bavarian Alps, spectacular Spas and a liberating sense of perfect calm, hospitality without limitations & cosmopolitan restaurants, Yoga or Tai Chi Chuan with excellent teachers, phantastic sports as well as edutainment for their Kids, but also inspiring encounters with some of the greatest artists and authors of our time. The new RETREAT has been the Residence for the Heads of State & Governement during the G7 Summit 2015. 47 Suites, 2 Restaurants, Lounges, Library, Yoga Pavillon & Spa connect a wholly new dimension of space & casual elegance with breathtaking views of the monumental Wetterstein Mountain & roaring Ferchenbach Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ so you can book your Schloss Elmau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa And Cultural Hideaway
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa & Cultural Hideaway Hotel Elmau