This is by far our favourite hotel - luxury all over! We stayed for 4 nights in January, our 3rd visit, and we were not disappointed, although the beginning of our stay was not as good as the rest of our stay. The hotel seemed to be full, when we arrived and the "Badehaus" was well visited so it was not so quiet as it has been previously. Also for the first time we experienced the very uncharming behaviour of occupying a chair/bed with a book, and then leave it. Several times we entered one of the "Ruheraums" and found almost no people only books... However, there were still plenty of everything so it was not a problem, just strange to experience! Luckily most people left the next days and once agan we felt like being almost alone in the most beautiful place. The rooms are big and airy, as are the bathrooms. Great food in all restaurants and wonderful concerts in the evening. Our day usually starts with breakfast in the "Badehaus", very quiet and in complete harmony (always great service), then a visit to the outdoor pool, some reading, maybe a walk or a visit to the gym, and in the evening concert, dinner and goodnight cap in the lounge with piano music. We will definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE SCHLOSS ELMAU EXPERIENCE Discerning globetrotters not only enjoy the magic location of Schloss Elmau in probably the most beautiful sanctuary of the Bavarian Alps, spectacular Spas and a liberating sense of perfect calm, hospitality without limitations & cosmopolitan restaurants, Yoga or Tai Chi Chuan with excellent teachers, phantastic sports as well as edutainment for their Kids, but also inspiring encounters with some of the greatest artists and authors of our time. The new RETREAT has been the Residence for the Heads of State & Governement during the G7 Summit 2015. 47 Suites, 2 Restaurants, Lounges, Library, Yoga Pavillon & Spa connect a wholly new dimension of space & casual elegance with breathtaking views of the monumental Wetterstein Mountain & roaring Ferchenbach Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Schloss Elmau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa And Cultural Hideaway
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa & Cultural Hideaway Hotel Elmau