I had very high expectations after exploring the website and reading reviews - however - everything was even better than I anticipated. It's hard to know where to begin. The food was amazing, fresh, and plentiful. From the evening buffet, you can compose your multi-course meal as you like. There are consistently 2 amuse bouche choices, various appetizer selections, 2 soups, a huge variety of salads, and 3 main course selections prepared to order, and then a vast vareity of cheeses and accompaniments, and 3 sweet selections - usually one cake, a mouse or parfait, and a warm baked creation with some sauce served separately. These change everyday. Or you could eat in one of the other on-site restuarants, attend a concert, or linger in the spa. The pools were a dream, the adult sauna very relaxing, and the steam room included bins of dead sea salts for exfoliation. The setting: breathtaking... It was simply and utterly perfect. Service was flawless, intuitive, and generous. I stayed for 5 days and didn't want to leave. This place works if you are alone, a couple seeking romance, or a family with small children. (Teenagers may want more stimuli off-site, whereas you may find it hard to tear yourself away.) I am already planning my return. Highly reccomended! Tip: They take suspension of time seriously here. If you have scheduled a treatment or plan on attending an event, bring your own timepiece with you, as there is a conspicuous absence of clocks outside of the ones on the sound systems in the guest rooms. All the better to lose yourself here. Read the facinating history booklet in the room! It explains a lot and will help you understand the philosophy of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE SCHLOSS ELMAU EXPERIENCE Discerning globetrotters not only enjoy the magic location of Schloss Elmau in probably the most beautiful sanctuary of the Bavarian Alps, spectacular Spas and a liberating sense of perfect calm, hospitality without limitations & cosmopolitan restaurants, Yoga or Tai Chi Chuan with excellent teachers, phantastic sports as well as edutainment for their Kids, but also inspiring encounters with some of the greatest artists and authors of our time. The new RETREAT has been the Residence for the Heads of State & Governement during the G7 Summit 2015. 47 Suites, 2 Restaurants, Lounges, Library, Yoga Pavillon & Spa connect a wholly new dimension of space & casual elegance with breathtaking views of the monumental Wetterstein Mountain & roaring Ferchenbach Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ so you can book your Schloss Elmau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa And Cultural Hideaway
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa & Cultural Hideaway Hotel Elmau