“Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cox's Steakhouse

Cox's Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Dromod
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We eat here regularly when fishing at Roosky. The staff are very friendly and attentive. We have always found the food to be good quality local produce, well cooked and served to a very good pub standard. There is a good choice from the menu and it has a deserved good pub food reputation.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank ianhaggerston

Lincolnshire
“Sunday lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited Cox's for Sunday lunch. A full menu was offered and was available. The traditional roast was best value and best prepared. Many local people were eating there and although it was very busy and we didn't have a reservation, a table was found and the service was very quick and efficient. Not gourmet, but a good pub meal.

Visited May 2013
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“great steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

excellent food and also excellent staff,toilets are very clean and well serviced also live music at the weekends.five minutes walk from dromod boat harbour.the owner is always on hand to greet you.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Brian C
Dublin, Ireland
“Lunch required!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had got a lift to Dromod so missed lunchtime back at base and Cox's was suggested as a place to stop - and it was late; about 2.30pm. However, a menu was produced so I gathered lunch was still available. Now I must point out that this place is a pub, not a restaurant although billed as a "Steakhouse". I was seated at a pub table without cloth and a knife and fork produced and laid out wrapped in a thin paper napkin. I did notice "Restaurant" over a door but this wasn't open.

The Menu was the usual pub grub, with a Soup of the Day; and some other dainties which i can't recall except for Egg Mayonnaise. The Mains were again the usual affairs of Pub Grub but I was informed that the only Vegetarian option was off so pity the non meat eaters here! There was no sign of Steak!!!

I chose the Soup [catering pack standard served with a couple of slices of brown bread - not too tasty] and the Roast Beef and Horseradish Sauce [which came minus the said sauce and the usual mash [catering pack] and two veg!

The beef was smothered in gravy - which I don't particularly like [what are they trying to hide] and as said, no horseradish sauce - which I do like. But the beef was good and plenty of it.

I didn't wait for dessert!

I found the staff to be efficient but not friendly nor the place cosy as suggested previously. It was also mentioned that the staff were hardworking and this may be true, but they do need to take some lessons in service as to enquire of a customer who hadn't finished all of his plate "what was wrong with it?" was a little to "Irish Mammy" for a professional service. Water was not offered or produced [as would be expected in an Irish restaurant].

I was later joining a party of 12 others on a holiday in the area and although we were in the market for places to dine out, my experience at Cox's Steakhouse ensured that we did not return.

I was going to give the place an "average" but then remembered several other pubs I have been in where the service, food. ambiance, price [it was pricey for what was on offer!] and general quality were far better so decided on "poor"

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 171956
“Excellent place to eat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We live about 40 mins from dromod and we are pretty much spoiled for choice as regards places to eat but every single time we go out to eat whether it's a celebration or just a lazy Sunday dinner, it's always cox's. the service is great and the owners dedication to the place is really admirable and their hard work certainally pays off. The food is absolutely to die for! I've tried almost everything on their menu and not once have I been disappointed. The portions are generous and the food itself is top notch! It has a nice Irish feel to it which makes it very warm and welcoming. I feel like I practically know the staff in cox's as they are extremely friendly and helpful.
In my opinion cox's is the best restaurant I have ever eaten in. It's so nice to see a typical Irish bar/restaurant doing so well in these recessionary times, but the staff work hard to keep its standards and reputation up!

• Visited May 2012