All reviews stove top black forest stayed here kettle towels apartment cheese breakfast
Reviewed October 3, 2017

We stayed at the hotel over a long weekend. We booked a junior suite and got Apartment Nr. 3. It has lovely views over the mountains and you could see Schloss Eberstein from the bed. The decor is warm and homely. There is a bar fridge, coffee maker, cutlery and kettle in the room. I loved the big shower. Breakfast was served every morning. It is a normal German breakfast with bread, cold meats, cheese, fruits and eggs. There is a self serve Bar. The gardens are beautiful and well kept. The service was friendly and welcoming. You feel very private there. Restaurants with in walking distance. The hotel does not have a restaurant anymore. They only serve breakfast. There was a Iron and Ironing board in the room as well as a hairdryer. Free Wi-Fi

Room Tip: Apartment 3 had windows on two sides. Beautiful views. One side on the street but did not find it too noisy
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Beautiful clean room and bathroom with balcony overlooking garden. Kitchen really well equipped with fridge, stove top, microwave, coffee machine, kettle etc. A selection of DVD's and CD's were in the room for our use and teabags and coffee were complimentary also. Cant fault the breakfast either, it was excellent.The whole place is almost magical with its quirky design features, I wish we had stayed longer and hope to return.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

I loved staying at Hotel Romantiklandhaus.
A coworker recommended the Hotel Romatiklandhaus and I am so glad they did. I spent 4 nights at this hotel and loved it. The place is beautiful, the owners are kind and attentive, the location is perfect.

We were greeted from our journey by the owners and offered complimentary drinks and then shown to our rooms. The rooms are beautiful. Nothing has been overlooked. These pictures do not do justice to the comfortable suite.

The location is very convenient. It is about 100 m to the start of a trail up the Black Forest and also an easy walk to all the restaurants in Gernsbach.

The owners were also very helpful and arranged for me a bicycle to rent and showed me a good trail for my ride. They were very attentive and excellent hosts during the stay.

If you have opportunity to visit the area, I recommend the Hotel Romantiklandhaus Hazienda. I have also stayed at the Dorint in Baden Baden and would recommend Romantiklandhaus is far superior.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is great! Everything was easy and very accomodating. From the welcoming emails and instructions to the travel tips and ideas for our next day. Nothing was hard. The owners were amazing and friendly, gave us directions, eating out advice, great wifi, and a great stress free time.
I don't have anything but great words about the place.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimothyM1277
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

Located a comfortable 5 mins walk from the Gernsbach Bahnhof - don't get off at Gernsbach Mitte if you're arriving by train. The Hazienda completely blew us away with its decor, setting and warmth of welcome. The hosts Matthias and Sabine see to every little detail of your comfort and convenience and this reflects in the decor of this wonderful Homestay. Chalk stone Tiles from Croatia and floor tiles from Italy and decor mixing Mediterranean and S American styles make for a wonderful treat visually. Set in a quiet neighborhood, the road leads further on to the hills where lovely hiking opportunities exist.
The old town is a Km away along the river and has all the restaurants. A perfect stay!!!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple