This was our third visit, and there will be a fourth for sure.
The hotel remembered us with a 'welcome back' and a bottle of Ruinart + canapes : very nice touch.
The main differences from the early days are :
(i) The staff are so much more confident and seem happy and eager to please
(ii) they have made tangible improvements to the infrastructure e.g. their kids' club is awesome, really world class, and they have a kids' buffet in the evenings which is complementary.
(iii) activities are great
(iv) gym is amazing - best equipment I've ever seen
(v) food is really excellent. Very inventive with top ingredients.
The only real negative is the beach : it is not the most beautiful on the island, more like a lake than azur waters you would expect. But that is a minor quibble. For couples with young families, I recommend this over almost all hotels in the Caribbean (particularly if flying direct from LGW).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlisle Bay on Antigua is one of the leading luxury Caribbean resorts, its accommodation designed to allow for both families and couples to holiday in peace. Both kinds of traveler have a dedicated end of the resort, which allows for everyone the tranquility of the spectacular beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carlisle Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Hotel Saint Mary`s
- Carlisle Bay Hotel Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Resort Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Antigua And Barbuda