My husband & I have just returned from eight spectacular days at the lovely Carlisle Bay Resort. We were visiting Antigua to attend our best friend's wedding commitment beach ceremony to a local Antiguan on March 3, 2014. We arrived five days ahead in order to share in the pleasure of the pre-ceremony excitement ... And that, indeed, we did!
We arrived at the airport which was only 35 to 45 minutes away from the Carlisle. At the resort, we were received by the very friendly, kind and trusting team of staff with those big smiles that we will never forget. As we were being escorted to our room, we were given a tour along the way through the large open air lobby, by the three restaurants and large pool and then down the lush tropical garden paths. Our suite was immaculately clean and large, with a comfortable bed, living area and a wonderful ocean & beach view. The large open air lanai had a sleeping bed and dining table with two chairs. Just perfect!!
The Carlisle beach & bay is beautiful all in itself. It would have been easy to stay on-sight the entire stay, however everyday we visited another amazingly breathtaking beach and enjoyed wonderful late lunches at the local restaurants ... either beachside or harbor side. Each day was better than the next ... More lovely and more memorable. Then every evening we would "come home" to our Carlisle Bay family.
This is the resort to call your Antigua holiday "home". It is peaceful, quiet and quite romantic, with service that is top notch. Although we did see families at our delicious breakfasts every morning, we never heard them or even saw them on the large curving beach.
The resort is incredible, really incredible. We have traveled world wide for years and this is one of our very favorites. One last note to share; the best "gem" of this fantastic resort is the STAFF! This team offers spectacular service ... understated yet full blown. Each one of the team staff members made my husband and I feel like the service they provided to us came from their heart. It could not have been better. Stay here .... You will create great memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlisle Bay on Antigua is one of the leading luxury Caribbean resorts, its accommodation designed to allow for both families and couples to holiday in peace. Both kinds of traveler have a dedicated end of the resort, which allows for everyone the tranquility of the spectacular beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carlisle Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Hotel Saint Mary`s
- Carlisle Bay Hotel Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Resort Antigua
- Carlisle Bay Antigua Antigua And Barbuda