Curtain Bluff Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
$1,200
Official Site
$216
$144
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Carlisle Bay Antigua(Saint Mary's)
$575
$456
$442
Orbitz.com
$89
Hotwire.com
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
$215
$236
$191
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)
$477
Bookit.com
Tamarind Hills(Saint Mary's)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewswater skiingsurf beachwater sportsjunior suitewine cellarsea grapetennis courtsreturn guestsbeen coming for yearsterrace roomcocktail partysquash courtscuba divingpaddle boardingtamarind restauranttennis programvacation experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in Antigua. It is not your anodyne European resort that just happens to be in the Caribbean and if it were not for the palm trees and sun could be anywhere this is properly West Indies at its best. As with all great hotels, and make no mistake this is a great hotel,they are as good as the staff and this is where CB scores very highly indeed as all staff have been there years sometimes since small children brought on by the Hotels own special local charity. All staff are individuals and all committed to your enjoyment.
The facilities are outstanding from what must be the most attractive gym in The World, I defy you to find a more attractive one, to the outstanding spa and tennis facilities together with two beaches one calm with all attendant hoby cats, scuba, water skiing, snorkelling and immaculate beach services the other a slightly angrier Atlantic beach with rollers and a bit of excitement.
Many of the guests are revisiting for the 40th plus time that must speak volumes and they all return for the great food, drink and service.
We loved it and will be back again and again our home from home in the Caribbean it sounds corny but you really feel like family!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mark S
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed at curtain bluff as a family with 2 teens age 17 and 19 it was our first visit to the Caribbean
On arriving at curtain bluff we were completely blown away by the staffs genuine friendliness relaxed vibe beautiful rooms overlooking the surf beach and the gorgeous calm bay for the water sports the food was unbelievably good and the wine and service fabulous. We honestly have never stayed anywhere as beautiful and felt so relaxed the spa is world class the views from it take your breath away and the treatments wonderful. We took advantage of all the facilities the tennis gymn watersports yoga squash and had a thoroughly great holiday. We all want to return as soon as possible this was a brilliant experience. The staff at curtain bluff are first class and the hotel is wonderful. The vibe is relaxed this is truly barefoot luxury

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the surf beach so are wonderful we ell asleep every night listening to the waves beak on the shore. Blissful
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank veryveryfussy
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Returned home on the 18th December after spending a relaxing week here with our son who is 13yrs old, we chose this hotel because all watersports are included and he is particularly keen on fishing, we went out on the first day which was great and then for the next few days it was not going out because it was "to Rough" although the boat from Carlisle Bay was out! , we then finally booked for the last day and then they rang early morning to say too rough, I then had the questionnnaire which we completed early before we left and I mentioned lack of watersports! they then found us and said it was better and they would go out, I felt this was on the back of my feedback.
At the watersports desk you have to ask each day if things are going e.g. snorkelling, it would be better if a board was put up to say what was cancelled due to weather as you felt a pain keep asking if you could go on certain things,
Food was very good and staff are lovely, there is drinks service on the loungers and Leon was excellent, plenty of drinks served
All in all a great week just activities need refining, someone who is a manager checking they are working would be good!
Also the crickets and the birds make a great racket all night, take ear plugs

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank janet504230
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weeks stay at Curtain Bluff. After a very rocky start, inadequate air conditioning and a very uncomfortable mattress, I thought our trip was doomed. The management, having heard about our unhappiness, was absolutely determined to make sure that we had a wonderful vacation. They moved heaven and earth to get us into the most magnificent suite on the property, many thanks to Carol Lynn. The suite was beyond anything we could have imagined, overlooking the Atlantic ocean, with absolute privacy. There was a tremendous balcony which included an outdoor jacuzzi. With regard to food, I would rate it as very good. The problem is that there are only two restaurants that serve dinner, and one was closed for 4 of the days that we were there. That having been said, the other restaurant changed it's menu daily and extreme care was taken in the serving and in the presentation. There is a local band playing during dinner (different band every night), and for the exception of one night, they were all quite talented. The alcohol is all name brand and is served in abundance. There is an hour devoted each afternoon to "tea", with several finger foods available. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport, on most likely the most beautiful piece of property on the island. The water is all purified, so it is possible to drink the tap water, which is always nice, although bottled water was in ready supply. The resort is spotless clean, although the bathrooms at the beach could use some more regular maintenance. My husband had a massage at the spa, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Lunch at the beach was always delicious, a fantastic buffet as well as a full menu. Note to beach lovers...you have access to the Atlantic ocean, where there are lounge chairs, but there is no service on the beach at all. All guests use the Caribbean side of the resort for swimming, where the restaurant is located, although if you have a room on the beach, the views are breathtaking. There are padded lounge chairs, small chairs and shaded areas as well. The owner, Chelle, is very visible throughout the day greeting many guests like they were old friends. It seems like they are. Over 80% of Curtain Bluff's guests are return visitors! Also noteworthy is that this hotel is extremely philanthropic to the community in which it is located. I feel that one of the most outstanding features of this resort is the staff's sincere desire to make sure that you have the most wonderful time when you are in their care. All were extremely courteous and in general very friendly. Curtain Bluff, and especially Carol Lynn, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for a truly relaxing week and our phenomenal accommodations!!

Room Tip: Bluff rooms are up a steep incline
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RubyP_23
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We arrived back in the UK on 11 December after 10 splendid days at Curtain Bluff. We went on Virgin - do any other Virgins get ticked off being warned of the evils of drink and being refused a 50/50 Bloody Mary on the basis that it was too strong to serve - do any of you feel the beds should be less sepulchral? I do.
Curtain Bluff is an oldish hotel that is exemplary in every way. The finely raked beaches are beautiful. There are beds, chairs, wooden canopies for at least 30% more people than full capacity. There are more towels than there are in Bloomingdales. The rooms are cleaned to a depth unheard of or seen before - trust me I run the finger test. The quality of the beds is very good. Bathrooms are just fine - we stayed in a de luxe (I'm guessing lowest category) room and I wouldn't want to move.
Breakfast we ate at 7:30 beach by 8:30. Lunch on the beach at 1ish where there was always a roast, freshly grilled fish, burgers, salads and calorific puddings. Beach drink service started at about 10:30 (iced towels, chilled water, fruit, soft drinks hard drinks).
If you think the waistline will cope there's also afternoon tea. Cocktails at 6:30 and dinner at 7:30. The rest you can get from the web site.
What defines the hotel is the charm of the staff who all actually want to work there. Some are 3rd generation. It's certainly none of my business but I believe they are educated, mothered and trained and schooled in every way by the hotel management - what is my business is the quality it produces and this is manifestly evident in the total product.
I met one couple on their first visit - all the others were on their 3rd to their 33rd. Does that tell you something? Well it should - it means you get a lovely mix of guests.
I'm English and I don't "do" people but after a day or so you knew everyone and spoke to everyone (well perhaps a few English didn't but you know what we're like).
All your water-skiing - fishing - being sick in the thing they drag you round by speedboat is included. Spa, tennis coaching clearly isn't.
Do they charge you for wi-fi. No - you'll get an excellent signal everywhere including the beach.
The cocktail bar was my undoing. Steve would see us leave our room and there were 2 Negronis waiting. When you had an inch left there were another two.
Cooking was of a very high order and with quality ingredients.
Tipping is not encouraged so it was relaxing. Will I be returning. Yup.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple