“Sheer joy !”
Review of Sheer Rocks

Sheer Rocks
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheer Rocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Saint Mary's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sheer Rocks philosophy is simple. fresh ingredients, local produce. casual dining with discrete yet super friendly service. quality wines, inventive cocktails. sultry lounge beats & crashing waves. day beds for lounging & a plunge pool for chilling. a unique tapas menu & a romantically cool & stylish retreat for dinner. a british chef with tons of passion & probably the best bartender in the caribbean. sheer rocks is an experience ... enjoy it responsibly...
Reviewed September 20, 2017

What a find , after a truly delicious late lunch we basked on the four poster sun lounger looking out to sea awaiting the sunset , feeling a little hot we were able to cool down in the plunge pool and await the sunset cool drinks in hand . The music is trendy and youthful befitting of this idyllic place .... Keep returning and hope you are all safe from Irma !

2  Thank Dinah D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed September 6, 2017

My husband and I visited Sheer Rocks on our 30th wedding anniversary. We made reservations through Open Table. They were able to confirm and communicate back to me regarding my specific requests. Karen, the bartender, greeted us upon arrival and it was great from then on. We had the day bed and private plunge pool, drinks were served to us and we relaxed until lunch. Tapas are the menu for lunch and they were wonderful. We ordered the lobster and zucchini in butter, fried artichoke hearts, pork ribs (the best) and tuna carpaccio. The drinks were spot on and the martinis were so cold there was ice floating in them, yummy on a hot day. We were able to walk down to the beach after lunch and swim in the ocean. What an amazing day to spend an amazing anniversary. Thank you Sheer Rocks for making our day so memorable.

1  Thank cottonqueen123
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The food hear was unbelievable! We arrived about 5.30 to have cocktails and enjoy the sunset which we saw despite it being a tad on the cloudy side. We visited on a Tuesday evening and it was on the quieter side but that worked in our favour as it meant we got a seat at the bar and the perfect table over looking the superb view.

We both went the short beef rib which was lovely (we also ordered a side which I would advise as the 'side' with the main was on the small side.

The service was excellent although I would be interested to see how it is when it's full. The wine is a tad on the pricey side.

1  Thank Alice S
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Stayed at all inclusive Keyonna so went here to change up the recurring menu. Beautiful place, excellent food, NY prices. Was very hot even at night dining outdoors which negatively affected my husband's dining experience but it's the Caribbean at the end of summer. Fun place to walk around, listen to the band and enjoy the views.

1  Thank Gretchen R
Reviewed September 5, 2017

The most important asset of any establishment are the staff. From the moment we were welcomed in and were taken to our table and the overall presentation of the restaurant itself, we felt immersed in an atmosphere of elegance, so our expectations of the food were very high. My wife and I and our three grown up daughters ordered from the a la carte menu and wine from the extensive wine list. The service was impeccable and the food was very well presented and tasted as good as it looked it was only surpassed by the beauty of the sunset, which was truly amazing and ended with a heart shaped afterglow as the sun dipped below the horizon of the calm Caribbean Sea. Shortly after this, complete darkness and the view became a memory. The ambiance in the restaurant only improved further in this darkness. I would definitely recommend that you book your table for a time that would straddle the sunset. Finally two issues I will mention but which did not detract from our enjoyment of our experience. Its very expensive for family dining but we knew this beforehand. Secondly, although the tables are exposed and open, the breeze was non existent on the day and the ceiling fan which added to the atmosphere and was unobtrusive in its effect which is as it should be. There was a strong cooling breeze in other exposed areas but I'm assuming that the location of the fine setting hugging the cliff side may hinder the cooling breeze. A big thank you to all at Sheer Rocks for giving my family a memorable experience.

2  Thank SSSHOKER