“Amazing Experience - The Best!”
Review of Sheer Rocks

Sheer Rocks
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheer Rocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Saint Mary's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sheer Rocks philosophy is simple. fresh ingredients, local produce. casual dining with discrete yet super friendly service. quality wines, inventive cocktails. sultry lounge beats & crashing waves. day beds for lounging & a plunge pool for chilling. a unique tapas menu & a romantically cool & stylish retreat for dinner. a british chef with tons of passion & probably the best bartender in the caribbean. sheer rocks is an experience ... enjoy it responsibly...
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Sheer Rocks is an incredible place. We went there for dinner after our barefoot beach wedding with our 5 family members, total party of 7. I worked with Alex for the months leading up to the wedding to plan the perfect dinner for our wedding party. He blew away all of my expectations. The view, the sunset, the food, or shall I say feast, was just spectacular. It was a night fit for kings! We had a unbelievable time and SO MUCH FUN. We hung at a day bed/plunge pool to watch the sunset before eating. It was just incredible. Takes your breath away. The restaurant is such a special place. It really was such fun for us. We had the time of our lives sitting on top of the world, eating and drinking and celebrating! We planned welcome drinks which worked out great, and the table decorations they set up were perfect. All of the food was fabulous. I even had my first dance with my father before we left. This restaurant has become such a special place and a special memory for our family. We were thrilled with Alex, the staff, the food, the atmosphere, and everything they did for us. We hope to be back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,478)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited Sheer Rocks for dinner on the evening of June 20th and had a great experience. We arrived just as the sun was setting and the dramatic setting was almost surreal. The plunge pools, sheer curtains, and day beds enforced a relaxed and refined atmosphere, and the view of the beach below is truly postcard perfect.

We tried the crushed pea soup to start, then on to the chicken and wahoo - all of which were expertly prepared and presented. For dessert there was the banana almond custard - if you miss this dessert, well, you've missed out on an experience. Wow. :o)

Service was flawless, welcoming and discreet, the perfect blend of service for the private settings of the tables here. Quite frankly, everything about this meal was just lovely and special. Go here.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have visited four Carribean Islands. There cannot be another restaurant which offers so much in terms of the setting and quality of service and food

My wife and I went three times, it was so good.
Charles does the cocktails and Latoya is a real delight.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from our Wedding and Honeymoon in Antigua. Honestly, one of the best things we did during our trip was to visit Sheer Rocks. Keep in mind we are both HUGE foodies - but I think anyone would enjoy this place.

We had both our rehearsal dinner and wedding dinner at Sheer Rocks, both of which were for 12 people. I was a little worried about the large party, but Alex and his team handled everything wonderfully. The food was brought out on time, the service was excellent, and everything was delicious. We have a few members of our family that are extremely picky eaters (no meat, no dairy, no gluten - that kind of thing), and Alex had no problem listening to and meeting their special requests.

After our families left, my husband and I also visited Sheer Rocks two more times. The first was for the tapas lunch the day after the wedding. It was really fun, and the menu was great. The were a ton of things to choose from, and everything that we ordered was awesome (no big surprise at this point). If anyone goes for lunch - order the truffle mac and cheese. I'm pretty sure I could live off of it.

Finally, for what I think was the best meal of all - the last night on Antigua. Alex by this time had gotten quite used to my husband and I hanging around the restaurant, and was nice enough to offer to put together a 5 course tasting menu for us. It started with just the 2 of us, but after talking with other people at our resort, turned into a 10 person event last minute. Alex and his team were wonderful about accommodating everyone, and were nice enough to adjust the seating and menu to fit us all. The food on the tasting menu was some of the most delicious food I have had. I could go on about each course I guess, but I'll spare you. It was just all very, very good. We live in New York, and I have done many tasting menus at restaurants in NYC. This I enjoyed much more, and not just because of the gorgeous view. We also all did a wine pairing with the menu, which Alex put together to complement each dish. He was nice enough to come out during each course to present everything and taste the wines with us. Made it not only a good dining experience, but wonderful and fun learning experience as well.

I can't forget to mention the drinks too, as the drink menu is extensive. Since we were at the bar quite often, we tried a bunch of the drinks. I'm more of a wine/beer person, so I usually stuck with wine (which was a GREAT selection, especially for what I expected on an island). My husband had a few cocktails as well. The mojito and rum punch were great. Perfect for a refresher after a day at the beach or pool.

So all in all - I don't have one negative thing to say about Sheer Rocks. Priceless view, delicious food, creative drinks, extensive wine list, and most of all - awesome staff. If we return to Antigua in the future, Sheer Rocks will be our first stop.

1  Thank foodiesrcool
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wobderfully romantic, good food to boot? We got there at sunset to celebrate our anniversary. Great couples pla e, and the chef came out to say hello.

1  Thank HappyTraveler20708