“Fabulous people,fabulous place!”
Review of Sheer Rocks

Sheer Rocks
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheer Rocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Saint Mary's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sheer Rocks philosophy is simple. fresh ingredients, local produce. casual dining with discrete yet super friendly service. quality wines, inventive cocktails. sultry lounge beats & crashing waves. day beds for lounging & a plunge pool for chilling. a unique tapas menu & a romantically cool & stylish retreat for dinner. a british chef with tons of passion & probably the best bartender in the caribbean. sheer rocks is an experience ... enjoy it responsibly...
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous people,fabulous place!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just got back from our first trip holidaying in Antigua, having been to many Carribean islands , including St.Lucia and Barbados.I wanted something which would match up in glamour and sophistication! My partner and I were looking for new and exciting places to visit while there, and out of many places I've been too Sheer Rocks did not disappoint...it's FAB!

Sheer Rocks was recommend by my booking agent, so before we flew out I made reservations through their Facebook page and was met with a very efficient and detailed response to my enquiries...I liked this as it was quite personal and relaxed.

On arriving at the restaurant the view, atmosphere and staff were all outstanding, we were also seated at a amazing table to eat our dinner which all made for a perfect romantic evening with my partner. The food was delicious and we were impressed with the wine selection!!

But, it doesn't stop there, we returned to Sheer Rocks again for there new years day party and while we enjoyed a night of sophistication for dinner the one night , new years day on the flip side was a great party atmosphere, everyone was friendly and they do fantastic cocktails!!! So they definately know how to throw a party too!!

All in all a great place, and ticked all the right boxes !!

1 Thank Sophia D

London, United Kingdom
“Great tapas!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Absolutely love this place! Great for relaxing on a Sunday and enjoying their amazing selection of tapas dishes and great cocktails made expertly by Charles. Even better, they have now also started serving the tapas on a Saturday as well so there are more chances to enjoy the great food, made all the better by amazing views out across the sea from one of their daybeds or the plunge pool. A great spot to catch up with friends and really appreciate the great location. Loving the new pitchers aswell, very easy to get through a few of these in an afternoon, especially the cava sangria!

• Visited January 2013
Southport, Australia
“Amazing outlook and Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Beautiful resort, very romantic settings in a beautiful bay. We had our Christmas party there and they were very accommodating. The sunset cocktails were great, and the food was very special with the chef personally making sure of our satisfaction. Overall nothing to complain about.

London, United Kingdom
“We keep coming back!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We love this place so much! Second time in Antigua and this was our number 1 place to revisit! The food is delicious and the staff friendly and happy and best of all you sit in beautiful pavilions right on a cliff edge with incredible views. There is just something about Sheer Rocks - it's unpretentious laid back cool with great food. We made it down to the New Year's Day party, tapas menu and tunes (the party was actually better than our NYE) you can tell the young couple that run the place have put heart and soul into everything here it shows!

College Station, Texas
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am sorry to say that this may have been the most disappointing meal of my life. Perhaps all the great reviews led me astray or perhaps it was just my high expectations that said reviews instilled in my head. I will never know what my perception would’ve been without reading what I had but I can tell you about my experience.

We had reservations for the second night of our honeymoon and I was of course extremely excited due to reviews. I knew going in that I would spend $200 US and I was expecting a meal to match that cost. The views are amazing and the atmosphere of the place is brilliant. However since we were staying at the resort the views were nothing new and lost somewhat on us while it might have influenced the ratings of others that were not staying there.

For the meal I ordered Smoked Marlin Carpaccio for an appetizer while my wife ordered the Crushed Green Pea and ham soup. The Marlin was quite pleasant but there were some chunks of what I assumed to be grapefruit (although not listed as an ingredient) which were far to bitter to compliment the dish. Perhaps if the pieces were smaller it would not have been such an overkill of taste. The soup was pleasant as well but the portion seemed gigantic. Easily could’ve served 3-4 people which is not a negative but keep that in mind if all soups are this size. First course down and first course still keeping my expectations relatively high.

For the entrees I ordered seared Yellow Fin Tuna while she ordered Lobster Tail. Several things about these dishes destroyed my perception of the restaurant. First of all the Tuna came overcooked. I do not mean overcooked as far as a traditional seared tuna is concerned either. I mean it was completely overcooked, as if I ordered a Tuna steak well done. Because I cook and have worked in the kitchen of several restaurants in past I find it hard to believe that serving this could be an accident. No chef, sous chef or amateur cook that has ever seared anything would not have realized that this was on the heat far too long to be cooked properly! This makes me believe that someone in that kitchen made a conscious choice to send out something that was so grossly incorrect it screams incompetence or lack of caring for the customer. Keep in mind that this was a $40 piece of tuna! As far as my wife’s lobster was concerned, it was also a disappointment. In this case the taste of the lobster was actually quite splendid, and it was properly cooked. However that is where the positives end. The previous night at the resort she had lobster which was $25. This lobster was approx $45 and less than half the size of that from the resort. THEY USE THE SAME KITCHEN!!!! I love risotto and was really looking forward to this one but the fennel and lemon risotto was far too heavy on the lemon and so acidic it was basically inedible. Even with the richness and butter of the lobster attempting to smooth the acidity, it failed on many levels. Yet the texture of it was perfect…just begs to question how can a chef get the texture of a risotto so right yet completely miss the technique needed to sear a piece of fish! We skipped desert and went to the resort restaurant for something to go. Sheer rocks has a long way to go to be considered anything more than a novelty restaurant with excellent views at this point.